PDA

View Full Version : BLind re-steal into post flop bluff.. am I reckless ??

tjh
04-24-2005, 03:02 PM
Playing at UB and the games are long and allow for some postflop play and deep stacks and slow blind structure.

This table went on forever, this was hand 115 or so. Lots of players remain. The Villain was ablind stealer. I had chased him off once or maybe twice early on but he kept coming back.

Here is the hand. I put him on a steal so I reraised to defend.

I had junk, was defending a mistake?

I thought he would fold. Once the flop came I found muyself out of postion and if I checked into this aggressive player I figured I was doomed to lose my already sizeable investment so I bet the flop, I bet it big. Is this crazy reckless or was the board texture and the read on the player a good enough combination to justify this? Will this type of aggression lead to my downfall, or is this what it takes to succeed? I do not do this much but one thing lead to another.

Thanks..

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1240)
MP (t3095)
Button :#A500AF(Villain)/ (t5185)
SB (t1515)
Hero (t3965)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button :#A500AF(Villain)/ raises to t425</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1375</font>, Button :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls t950.

Flop: (t2850) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t2590 (All-In)</font>, Villain folds.

Final Pot: t5440

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. Hero wins t5440. </font>