PDA

View Full Version : Tells That Hurt

RacersEdge
04-24-2005, 02:56 PM
I was playing last night and the person on my right had obvious tells as to when she was folding or betting pre-flop. Obviously, it's no help to me, but it could be to those on her right. Any good way to handle this?

poker327
04-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Ask for a seat change?

RacersEdge
04-24-2005, 03:39 PM
Possible - I liked this seat for other reasons though - just trying to get at whether to attack her or the dealer..

Dominic
04-24-2005, 03:48 PM
it does help you:

say you're in late position and it's folded around to you...you pick up something like QT...if you're a halfway decent player, you're either going to raise this or fold it,right? You look to your right and see your opponent getting ready to fold - that's one extra person you don't have to worry about - so you raise!

But if you see her counting out her chips like she's getting ready to call or raise herself, you can easily let go of the hand because you know you won't be stealing the blinds this time around.

otnemem
04-24-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it does help you:

say you're in late position and it's folded around to you...you pick up something like QT...if you're a halfway decent player, you're either going to raise this or fold it,right? You look to your right and see your opponent getting ready to fold - that's one extra person you don't have to worry about - so you raise!

But if you see her counting out her chips like she's getting ready to call or raise herself, you can easily let go of the hand because you know you won't be stealing the blinds this time around.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the woman is on his right, not his left.

RacersEdge
04-24-2005, 05:08 PM
ummm...attack = address

DeathDonkey
04-24-2005, 05:15 PM
She isn't doing anything wrong so you have no recourse with the dealer. And what are you going to say to her to get her to stop? It's not worth it. Just forget it or move seats.

-DeathDonkey

d10
04-24-2005, 05:15 PM
You could also wait until the player on your right actually does fold or raise.

twankerr
04-24-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not even close.

RacersEdge
04-24-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TomBrooks
04-24-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] It's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you see why?

Dominic
04-24-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it does help you:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! You're right! I was just expectign the problem to be from someone on his LEFT, since it's obvious how to to take advantage of tells from someone on your right....

oops...

as Rosanne Rossanadanna wouldsa...

Nevermind.

RacersEdge
04-24-2005, 11:40 PM
lol, yeah, your case was addressed in my post "Tells That Help".. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Al_Capone_Junior
04-25-2005, 11:25 AM
Yes. Move and get her on YOUR left.

That's a telegraph, not a tell. They are worth far more than tells ever will be, and you're crazy if you don't take advantage of it.

al