PDA

View Full Version : Preflop raise post flop push ??

tjh
04-24-2005, 02:26 PM
UB SNG 11$ about 80 hands into it. Lots of players remain. Some aggression from some players but I had notes on the villain as a CALLY WALLY. Played correctly ??

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t1790)
SB (t2010)
BB (t790)
UTG (t1800)
UTG+1 (t3495)
MP1 (t1145)
MP2 (t2650)
Hero (t1320)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t525</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls t450, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t1200) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t795 (All-In)</font>, SB calls t795.

Turn: (t2790) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t2790) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t2790

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 4h 4c (straight, king high).
Hero has Qh Ad (straight, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins t2790. </font>

pooh74
04-24-2005, 02:30 PM
looks good to me...ironically, he made a good call.

Apathy
04-24-2005, 02:36 PM
This looks ok. A push PF wouldve been good to, just remember that even if he had pushed into you, you would've still called no matter what came on board, and you would have pushed when he checked no matter what as well.

tjh
04-24-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This looks ok. A push PF wouldve been good to, just remember that even if he had pushed into you, you would've still called no matter what came on board, and you would have pushed when he checked no matter what as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Apathy..
Feels like I am getting a handle on this. Some tables play strange, like this one lasted forever. Went on to take first.

Could not do it without help from you guys.

Thanks

--
tjh

adanthar
04-24-2005, 03:03 PM
I don't like the flop. Odds are that he has hit the board harder than you (just look at it) and as a calling station, he'll call *anything*. Furthermore, as a calling station, he'll probably give you another freebie if he's missed.

Of course, if you also push QJ or AK here (and you think anyone at the table knows or cares about that) the play's better.

tjh
04-24-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the flop. Odds are that he has hit the board harder than you (just look at it) and as a calling station, he'll call *anything*. Furthermore, as a calling station, he'll probably give you another freebie if he's missed.

Of course, if you also push QJ or AK here (and you think anyone at the table knows or cares about that) the play's better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks..
I would also push those other hands. I would push a winner against this guy as well as a loser or a drawing hand.

My theory on calling stations is that they get less and less likely to call with junk as the cards are turned. I figured he had junk preflop and just wanted to see the flop. Once he saw it I figured if it missed him he could be intimidated, at least more likely to respond to intimidation. But in some sense I was also just plain mad that my pre-flop failed to chase him out and wanted to intimidate him. So in a sense you are correct. I may not have been thinking completely logically. I was having trouble ruling this table .

jpg7n16
04-24-2005, 04:04 PM
Are calling stations normally 3rd highest stacks at the table? You got pretty lucky on that hand. But unless he has a K you have 10 outs (4 to the nuts) so I probably would have made the same play.

But had he just gotten lucky on his made hands, or was he making good calls? (I'm just kind of curious how a true calling station was doing so well)

tjh
04-24-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are calling stations normally 3rd highest stacks at the table? You got pretty lucky on that hand. But unless he has a K you have 10 outs (4 to the nuts) so I probably would have made the same play.

But had he just gotten lucky on his made hands, or was he making good calls? (I'm just kind of curious how a true calling station was doing so well)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I put calling station in the notes for him when he I had KJ and the board came k rag rag and I bet into him and he called. He had a low kicker and I made a nearly pot sized bet so in my mind he had loose calling standards.

One hand reads are not always on target. I also added later that he had slow played trip jacks so I dunno why he called me with a lame kicker but at least once he had called with top pair low kicker.

--
tjh