PDA

View Full Version : Any Brazilians poker players declaring taxes?

Stormwolf
04-24-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm not sure how to do it without running the risk of being called for an audition on the 'malha fina', it very tough to prove online poker as a source of income, anyone did it last year sucesfully or know how to do it?

I'm thinking about putting the income on the 'Rend. Trib. Receb. de PF/Exterior' that way I dont have to say where it came from, yet it probably has to be put on the 'Moeda Estrangeira' 'Bens, Direitos ou Aplicações Financeiras' but there I have to be too much specific and it might be a problem, any ideas?

csuf_gambler
04-24-2005, 03:20 PM
you brazilian living in brazil?

are you familiar with MMA and vale tudo? brazilian jiu jitsu? the gracie family? vanderlei silva, vitor belfot?

astroglide
04-25-2005, 12:35 AM
jesus christ you are a piece of work

Stormwolf
04-25-2005, 02:39 PM
bump

Anadrol 50
04-25-2005, 02:59 PM
How bout Pedro Rizzo?

csuf_gambler
04-25-2005, 03:31 PM
pedros not as famous as the others. but yea his pretty good. i believe he signed with pride and will be debuting soon. his part of the Ruas Vale Tudo(RVT) team which has a school in southern ca.

Crispy86
04-25-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure how to do it without running the risk of being called for an audition on the 'malha fina', it very tough to prove online poker as a source of income, anyone did it last year sucesfully or know how to do it?

I'm thinking about putting the income on the 'Rend. Trib. Receb. de PF/Exterior' that way I dont have to say where it came from, yet it probably has to be put on the 'Moeda Estrangeira' 'Bens, Direitos ou Aplicações Financeiras' but there I have to be too much specific and it might be a problem, any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were you, I'd consult a good lawyer or accountant on the subject. I have some small-time professional friends, but they don't declare their winnings as far as I know. They usually get paid by check and then have some doleiro (a money exchanger for any wondering) deal with it from there. An accountant will probably help you know how to declare it properly, but a lawyer might know more about the risks of doing so. Post your results (or PM me) when you know as I'd be curious to know myself. If you live in Rio, PM me as I may be able to indicate a couple of people to advise you on this.

rafct
04-25-2005, 05:47 PM
Have you tried withdrawing money using the neteller atm card. Maybe this would work but not sure. Anyone knows about this?

Stormwolf
04-25-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Have you tried withdrawing money using the neteller atm card. Maybe this would work but not sure. Anyone knows about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I already do this. I can safely perform tax evasion if I need, neteller is amazing on this issue, yet I will be forced to not buy a house or car and keep my credit card expenses low otherwise I will be probably called for an audition to explain where is the cash coming from.

So I'm going to have to pay it but I'm worried if I just put 'I made $x usd illegaly playing poker on the internet' they will either say I have to pay 40%(or some high number) in taxes or they will confiscate all my income. It is very possible here

Crispy86
04-25-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I already do this. I can safely perform tax evasion if I need, neteller is amazing on this issue, yet I will be forced to not buy a house or car and keep my credit card expenses low otherwise I will be probably called for an audition to explain where is the cash coming from.

So I'm going to have to pay it but I'm worried if I just put 'I made $x usd illegaly playing poker on the internet' they will either say I have to pay 40%(or some high number) in taxes or they will confiscate all my income. It is very possible here

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, consult a lawyer on this. The question of legality is not so simple. Gambling is illegal in many forms, but tournaments are not. Even for poker. Just as I can't bet on a chess game legally, I can legally participate in a tournament and win a prize. If you can find a way to make it so that your poker winnings are shown as the results of tournament victories, then you should be fine. The real question is on being sure you can defend your position, hence the lawyer.