JDErickson
04-24-2005, 12:37 PM
For me it was:

Alien (1-3)
Arachnaphobia

As a kid it was : Gorgo

Uston
04-24-2005, 12:42 PM
Silence Of The Lambs when I first saw it. I've only had one nightmare in the last year and it was the right after seeing Audition, which I don't think is coincidental.

Dominic
04-24-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For me it was:

Alien (1-3)
Arachnaphobia

As a kid it was : Gorgo

[/ QUOTE ]

Gorgo rocks! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

As a kid, the movie that gave me nightmares was probably Night of the Living Dead. And Bambi. (I'm serious.)

jokerthief
04-24-2005, 01:13 PM
Something About Mary--zipper scene

BWebb
04-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Has to be Nightmare on Elm Street. When I was a kid, I watched the movie then went to bed. When in bed, my babysister would walk down the hall and scratch on the door as a joke. Bitch.

Sponger15SB
04-24-2005, 01:18 PM
Stephen King's IT

tbach24
04-24-2005, 01:21 PM
Not a nightmare, but after I saw that Sharks thing on CBS (the only channel that worked), but I was afraid to go in the water for about two minutes, until I noticed that I was being a huge vag and went in.

gamblore99
04-24-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stephen King's IT

[/ QUOTE ]

That was some scary [censored]. Gave me nightmare for 2 months. That and Dracula.

Los Feliz Slim
04-24-2005, 01:56 PM
The Shining

ArchAngel71857
04-24-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stephen King's IT

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] yes. It was a damn made for tv movie and scared the [censored] out of me.

Let's not forget the wonderful Clownhouse (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094886/)

Fukcin clowns.

-AA

peachy
04-24-2005, 02:03 PM
The only movie that ever gave me a nitemare that i "remember" was gremlins the 1st time i saw it i was 4 when i saw it...since about age 8 or 9 movies dont bother me or scare me

JDErickson
04-24-2005, 03:23 PM
I forgot about IT

That was way up there too

bholdr
04-24-2005, 03:39 PM
the neverending story Fked me up when i was 4.... THE NOTHINGGGG.....

also the dark crystal, those dirty bird things were a messed up thing for a four year old...

peachy
04-24-2005, 03:48 PM
Noone ever remembers the dark crystal or knows what im talkin about!! im so glad someone else does!!

offTopic
04-24-2005, 03:49 PM
- The made for TV Salem's Lot
- The Ring

Gamblor
04-24-2005, 04:06 PM
ET.

The scene where Elliot bumps into him in the tool shed in the backyard and he screams haunts me to this day.

-Skeme-
04-24-2005, 04:07 PM
none

peachy
04-24-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ET.

The scene where Elliot bumps into him in the tool shed in the backyard and he screams haunts me to this day.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahaha my lil sis used to be scared of this...and for one xmas i got on of those bobble dolls or whatever they r called (where u hit them and they come back at u) that was ET and the second we got it out my sis started screaming...so my mom said not to get it out around her. I found it halarious so needless to say i pulled it out a few times that day and terrorized her with it...well my mom poked a hole in it...took it away and trashed it /images/graemlins/frown.gif

trying2learn
04-24-2005, 04:28 PM
i must have had nightmares about the old tv show 'v' for half of my childhood. the skin ripping off the face to show the lizzard...damn...i'm screwed again tonight for sure.

PhatTBoll
04-24-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i must have had nightmares about the old tv show 'v' for half of my childhood. the skin ripping off the face to show the lizzard...damn...i'm screwed again tonight for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

And here I thought I was the only one. My older brothers used to love this show and it would scare the bejeezus out of me every time I watched it with them.

a500lbgorilla
04-24-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Arachnaphobia

[/ QUOTE ]

jack spade23
04-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Jaws. When i visited my relatives in Long Beach for the first time when I was little and when into the ocean, I got scared shitless. Also the movie Saw. its badass, the guy from Robin Hood: men in tights is in it. "I'm going...to bleeed...to death..."

Chairman Wood
04-24-2005, 04:46 PM
When I was really little the part in temple of doom where the guy rips the heart out of the other guys chest really scared the bejesus out of me. Gave me nightmares for awhile.

MicroBob
04-24-2005, 04:46 PM
I can't really watch most horror-type films because of my night-mare issues.

I don't care if it makes me a total wuss....the dreams I have are really vivid and annoying....and cold-sweat nightmares REALLY suck.

I caught a glance of a few scenes of Silence of the Lambs on a bus-trip a few years ago and they still bother me (basically just turn-around or not look and crank up my CD player).
I haven't even seen the whole movie (and don't intend to).

Before I decided to ban scary-movies from my life I saw Cujo in the 4th grade or so and that made sleep kinda difficult for awhile.

Some movies I'm okay with though for some reason.

Exorcist is an example of a movie that does NOT really bother me.

bennyk
04-24-2005, 05:21 PM
not really nightmares,
but "signs" was pretty creepy

bk

Filip
04-24-2005, 05:25 PM
JAWS

chesspain
04-24-2005, 05:38 PM
Although I didn't get nightmares from it, I was completely creeped out by the opening scene in The Hitcher, when Rutger Hauer is pointing a knife at the college kid driver and making him say "I want to die."

However, the creepiest scene I've seen in the past couple of years was an opening scene in an episode of the T.V show, The Shield, in the episode where two Mexican drug-dealing brothers are about to be set on fire by a rival gang.

Lazymeatball
04-24-2005, 05:39 PM
Ewok's adventure 2, made for tv movie, I was probably 4 or 5 when I first saw it. I kept thinking that dragon was going to pull me out of my window and off to his cave.

http://www.toysrgus.com/images-speci/vilmur/ewoks-caravanb.jpg

edit: Okay, I'm embarassed to admit I was a little creeped out after seeing The Blair Witch Project on the way home from the theater. Thinking back now, that movie is just horrible, althought for some reason it seemed really original at the time, before we all got brainwashed by reality tv.

CCass
04-24-2005, 06:28 PM
Prince of Darkness

I didn't look into a mirror for a week after I saw that movie.

jakethebake
04-24-2005, 06:31 PM
It's Alive. I stayed up with my babysitter to see it. That movie scared the crap out of me.

Blarg
04-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Bunch of vampire movies. The House of Dark Shadows, The Return of Count Yorga, Christopher Lee Dracula movies, even that Roman Polanski vampire comedy. Salem's Lot, the old t.v. movie.

Usually it has to be something that creates a paranoid atmosphere where the horror develops gradually and you suddenly realize what horrible deep poop you're in as the horror unfolds close up from ordinary things.

That's why vampires work for me and werewolves don't, at least on my deep subconscious. You can see a werewolf coming a mile a way -- he's a werewolf, after all. And if you have a second floor or a tree to climb up, you're fine. But a vampire could be the guy or girl you're talking to any place, any time, even one of the people you trust most in the world, and as you realize they're a vampire and about to make a snack out of you, it kind of slowly, by at first imperceptible degrees, morphs the whole world into an inescapable horror, because it turns your feelings of trust and safety and simple reality upside down. A straight out regular monster doesn't do that; he doesn't attack your reality from the inside. It's not monsters jumping out at you that's scary to me so much as people turning into monsters before you can realize it or really believe it's happening, right before your eyes. That little frisson of paranoia, and paranoid fears realized, is the best. Vampires all the way.

THATWACOKID
04-24-2005, 07:11 PM
Saw.

WACO

Phoenix1010
04-24-2005, 07:30 PM
The original Chucky movie, Child's Play. My younger siblings had those My Buddy dolls that looked just like him. Freaky stuff.

More recently, Event Horizon freaked me out with those hell scenes and the chick with no eyes.

jakethebake
04-24-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
even that Roman Polanski vampire comedy.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Fearless Vampire Killers" was a great flick but not at all scary.

ClassicBob
04-24-2005, 07:52 PM
Ernest Scared Stupid

Blarg
04-24-2005, 08:01 PM
Hey, to a little kid, even Yogi Bear or something can probably be scary. Vampires were good enough for me, even in that movie.

It did have one or two of those moments where someone realizes that the person standing right next to them is a vampire. That's what goosed me. The creepy "Oh noes!" transition from fearing a monster is standing right next to you to knowing it's true.

The Dude
04-24-2005, 08:04 PM
The last time I was genuinely scared by a movie was when I was 9, The Silence of the Lambs. I had nightmares that night. It's now one of my favorite movies.

ILL34GL3
04-25-2005, 02:22 AM
Never had a movie give me nightmares but I once had a nightmare involving the Vlasic Pickle Stork. I've also had nightmares involving huge snakes (one had horns), lions and kittens recently. They don't really make me fearful but it's definitely disturbing.

Happy Hour
04-25-2005, 02:40 AM
One of the corniest movies ever:

Kingdom of the Spiders, with William Shatner as veterinarian "Rack" Hanson.

I was about 8 when I saw it, had nightmares for a week.

Blarg
04-25-2005, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Never had a movie give me nightmares but I once had a nightmare involving the Vlasic Pickle Stork.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, now THIS I'd pay to see in theaters.

InchoateHand
04-25-2005, 03:15 AM
Sleepless in Seattle.

Sponger15SB
04-25-2005, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Stephen King's IT

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to expand on this:

Back when this movie came out our living room couch was a few feet back from the wall (L shaped couch) and I was so scared of being downstairs by myself watching TV because I thought someone was behind the couch and [censored] so I'd watch TV from behind the couch so I knew nothing was behind me.

ArchAngel71857
04-25-2005, 10:13 AM
I'd also like to mention

http://www.esplatter.com/images/am/candyman.jpg

http://www.dacre.org/flash/www/us102318.jpg

http://www.itsonlyamovie.co.uk/COVERS%204/WHEN%20A%20STRANGER%20CALLS.jpg

http://data.moviecovers.com/DATA/extras/MovieCovers/170xx/MovieCovers-17085-17144-WHEN%20A%20STRANGER%20CALLS%20BACK.jpg

I think those movies give me nightmares today. If I ever visit my parents and I'm home alone and the phone rings, I think of that damn movie.
-AA

SinCityGuy
04-25-2005, 12:13 PM
"Ishtar".

I had a nightmare that I died and went to hell, and I was strapped to a chair and forced to watch "Ishtar" for all eternity.