PDA

View Full Version : What an idiot

Kurn, son of Mogh
04-24-2005, 10:45 AM
Not him. Me.

'Stars $30 + 3 SNG last night. 4 left. BB has 4500, UTG 5000, I'm the button with 2400, SB has 1600. Blinds 100/200/a25

I get K /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG folds, I make it 600 to go, SB calls, BB folds (1500)

Flop: T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, I bet 1000, SB calls all-in and flips over K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I smile contendedly and think "no jack". As I think this my eyes drift back to my cards and I see that I do not have K /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif, rather K /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

Who the $%#$ misreads ttheir hand online? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, river 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

To his benefit, my opponent leaves without hurling insults my way, though they couldn't be any worse than what I was calling myself.

Patriarch
04-24-2005, 10:52 AM
I like to type "n1 suckout" when I do this to people.

Apathy
04-24-2005, 05:11 PM
poker is easy.

DaveWilliams
04-24-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not him. Me.

'Stars $30 + 3 SNG last night. 4 left. BB has 4500, UTG 5000, I'm the button with 2400, SB has 1600. Blinds 100/200/a25

I get K /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG folds, I make it 600 to go, SB calls, BB folds (1500)

Flop: T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, I bet 1000, SB calls all-in and flips over K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I smile contendedly and think "no jack". As I think this my eyes drift back to my cards and I see that I do not have K /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif, rather K /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

Who the $%#$ misreads ttheir hand online? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, river 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

To his benefit, my opponent leaves without hurling insults my way, though they couldn't be any worse than what I was calling myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

why the Fuc should the SB throw insults your way? hes the idiot who misplayed his hand. After his check to you on the flop, he called your all in with K high. If he wanted to play his hand better, he could have. You sucked out, but I still like the way you played it. nh.

Kurn, son of Mogh
04-25-2005, 02:29 PM
why the Fuc should the SB throw insults your way?

I didn't mean to suggest that he *should* insult me. That's just what usually happens when the best hand doesn't hold up. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

syphlix
04-25-2005, 02:37 PM
you suck!..

haha just kidding.. i'm sure misreading hands has happened to everyone /images/graemlins/tongue.gif... or at least i hope so... it's not just me and him right?.. right???? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

SuitedSixes
04-25-2005, 02:45 PM
It just looks like a stop-and-go gone wrong, then gone right.

hummusx
04-25-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who the $%#$ misreads ttheir hand online?

[/ QUOTE ]

Me. I did this the other day when I turned a straight. I called his all-in thinking 'sucker' then I realized that I had misread and I still only had a gutshot draw. I missed and was out. Yuck. I'm glad my wife wasn't home, or she woulda gotten mad at the string of expletives that I yelled out.

Sam T.
04-25-2005, 03:22 PM
I think you may have been studying the play I made a few weeks back:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (6 handed) converter

SB (t470)
Hero (t995)
UTG (t960)
MP (t560)
CO (t3280)
Button (t1735)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
1 fold, MP calls t30, 2 folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t90) 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, K /images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players)
SB bets t90, Hero raises to t300 <font color="red">(Well, what else would he do with this monster?)</font> , MP pushes, SB pushes, Hero calls t230, thinking "Ha!"

Turn: (t710) A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 players)

River: (t710) 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)

Final Pot: t710

Results and Hero's excuse:
SB has Th 5h (one pair, fives).
Hero has 6d Qs (one pair, sixes).
MP has Qd Ts (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins t710.

Hero was multitabling, and had K6 at his other table. He thought he'd flopped two pair. It's better be lucky than good.

zaphod
04-25-2005, 04:32 PM
My speciality is check-folding the nuts on the river thinking i have nothing.