PDA

View Full Version : Movie Review: Closer (spoilers)

J_V
04-24-2005, 10:39 AM
Natalie Portman rules. She should be miss OTT if you guys had any taste.

I think I liked the movie. Not really sure what the overall message was. Definitely worth seeing.

I have a question about the end. What does it mean, that she was lying about her name? And what is the director trying to say about the difference in the two main relationships. Somehow he/she seems to be saying that Roberts/pervert relationship is better than the Law/Portman one, but I don't get why. They are both disasters. Great closing scene.

What did you guys think?

OtisTheMarsupial
04-24-2005, 11:12 AM
No, don't watch.
The movie sucks [censored].

Riverman
04-24-2005, 11:21 AM
I dont know if I liked this movie, but it certianly held my attention and engaged my brain. I thought all four of them acted superbly, but I ended up thinking they were all such bad people that there was no protagonist by the end.

I think the movie was trying to say that 1) It is a natural human impulse to want to have sex with multiple partners and 2) Doing so can have immensely negative consequenses. Not exactly a new or unique perspective, but I thought the film made its points well.

peachy
04-24-2005, 02:12 PM
i gave a reason for this in another post about closer if u can find it

Yobz
04-24-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought all four of them acted superbly...

[/ QUOTE ]

Natalie Portman is hot as hell, but can't act to save her life. Watch the movie again and pay attention to her, she is terrible.

iMsoLucky0
04-24-2005, 02:59 PM
After watching this movie last week, I think that it is my favorite movie of all time now.

However, this could just be because I so closely relate to one of the characters.

J_V
04-24-2005, 04:57 PM
You could never covince me Natalie Portman is bad at anything. I just saw Garden State recently and she carried that movie. I think she fits right in with Law and Roberts in this one, just fine.

istewart
04-24-2005, 04:58 PM
I like Clive's screaming scene with Julia Roberts.

J_V
04-24-2005, 05:00 PM
Yes, the movie made me feel dirty.

One of the redeeming ideas, is that before you give into "Love" there is a "moment" of choice to deny or proceed.

[ QUOTE ]
I think the movie was trying to say that 1) It is a natural human impulse to want to have sex with multiple partners and 2) Doing so can have immensely negative consequenses.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is spot on and exactly what I was looking for.

J_V
04-24-2005, 05:02 PM
In order of disgustingness from most disgusting to least:

Doctor
Jude Law
Natalie Portman
Julia Roberts

Michael Davis
04-24-2005, 05:04 PM
Right, the guys are always the most disgusting.

-Michael

Riverman
04-24-2005, 08:36 PM
I think Natalie Portman is a very good actress, especially in this movie.

I think you can only really get into this film if youve cheated or been cheaten on in a serious relationship.

J_V
04-24-2005, 08:45 PM
I think that aspect kept me from loving this movie. I've never cheated and never been cheated on. I was seriously creeped out in the middle. Everything seemed so savage. Especially when we find out that that creepy doctor boned Alice.

BadBoyBenny
04-24-2005, 10:10 PM
I thought it was very weak and a waste of two hours of my life.

jakethebake
04-25-2005, 09:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What did you guys think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we've had enough threads on this movie.