PDA

View Full Version : Message for Porterhouse...

Ryan_21
11-11-2002, 02:04 PM
and bea knish, and jerry, and biggie and all of your alter ego's.

You know how when you are talking to someone who knows nothing at all about poker and they are trying to tell you everything about it. About how its all luck and this and that. And nothing you say can change their view of the game. And you are just sitting back thinking this is f'in hilarious that someone who doesnt know anything about what they are talking about is trying to tell you everything about it?

Well thats how you sound when you talk about Eminem/Rap/and the East coast West coast war. Look man I'm trying to keep you from sounding like a freakin idiot. Because just like the person who knows nothing about poker you sound like a fool when you talk about stuff you really have no Idea about.

Ryan_21

11-11-2002, 02:20 PM
why don't you educate me Ryan 21 or Clarkmeister or whatever name you are using today. You wouldn't happen to be a Tupac fan are you? Why don't you response to my post below so I can see what you are so proud of? Are you an East coast / west coast expert on the rap wars - please I'm dying to here your rational explanation of how/why it makes sense to kill people over promoting one label over another? give me the facts Ryan, you lose the debate without the facts!

11-11-2002, 02:25 PM
C'mon Porter, It's OK to tell them that we are actually lovers and not the same person. One soul, two bodies.

Ryan_21
11-11-2002, 02:38 PM
The fact that you beleive that those two men were killed because of "promoting record labels" and "greed, stupidity, and name calling (all of which was fueled by marketing records.) Shows that you have no idea what you are talking about.

No, Im not an east coase/west coast expert on rap wars, because there never was an east coast/west coast rap war and the fact that you beleive there was also proves how little you know.

However, I am an expert on the street game. I grew up with gansters, hustlers, and drug dealers.

Here is a quote by Big Syke (Tupacs cousin) "those two men didnt die over no rap sh*t, and to say that they did is like spitting on their graves, they died over strickly street sh*t"

Which brings me to my last point, if you dont know the street game you will never understand this and will continue to believe they died over rap and selling records. What happened to those two men and the events surrounding their deaths happen to 1000's of young black men everyday. However in their case it just happened to 2 high profile young black men. And if you dont know all the events that took place and all the facts surrounding their deaths then you really have no idea WHY they died and will continually make the mistake of blaming it on rap.

Ryan_21

11-11-2002, 03:48 PM
21 - You say you are an expert of the streets which by your definition is knowing the the intricacies of Gansters, Hustlers and Drug dealers. Correct me if I'm wrong - Tupac was from L.A., Biggie from N.Y. - correct - with me so far? Now are you saying you have sufficient background info from both the Island and LA to differentiate these men's backgrounds to dissuade me from thinking that they were killed over the arguments that I have already presented.
21 - I am attempted to see your argument, however every argument you make is short on substance and long on how I should take your credentials seriously. Apply your credentials to your logic.
21 - Finally, with someone with your downright frightful background and experiences, enlighten us as to how you have become a regular contributor to this rather dull and obscure message board?

11-11-2002, 04:26 PM
Another question for 21 - As the expert on Street Life, please answer the following for those of us to foolish to understand:
1) Must one be from the inner city to understand your world?;
2) Who if anyone is to blame for the circumstances surrounding street life?;
3) Do people trapped in street life want out?

Help us understand

11-11-2002, 06:47 PM
Just cause you watched a VH1 does make you an expert either. Based on your post, you obviously no very litte, but probably more than porterhouse.

11-11-2002, 07:19 PM
Can anyone give a better explanation of this nonsense other than me? Criticize my opinions all you want, but please back those criticisms up with some sort of logic, how else will I become as wise as you.
VH1 special? I get my info from Gideon on MTV news, are you trying to tell me Gideon is untruthful? To me, with the exception of Kurt Loder, he may be the best journalist going these days.

11-11-2002, 07:36 PM
Please read the "Terms and Conditions" located at the top of the page. This isn't the streets. We can discuss ideas without resorting to insults. Just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't mean he sounds like an "idiot" or a "fool".

Ryan_21
11-11-2002, 11:11 PM
"I get my info from Gideon on MTV news"

Thats your whole problem right there. No wonder you dont know what's really going on.

As for the anonymous post, sorry, I dont watch VH1 or MTV.

Ryan_21

Ryan_21
11-11-2002, 11:24 PM
1. How does where they are from have anything to do with how or why they were killed? Im sorry I dont understand what you are asking in your first question.

2. I thought I did apply my creditials to my logic. If you dont understand the streets its easy to mistake what happened and how/why they died. If you understand the streets like me you understand the circumstances around their deaths, and if you understand the streets you understand that its not my job to drop names or information.

3. You wrote: "enlighten us as to how you have become a regular contributor to this rather dull and obscure message board?"

If you're trying to imply that Im full of it b/c a ganster would never be on a board like this you are right. I said I grew up with gansters, hustlers and drug dealers and that I understand how the streets work, not that I WAS a ganster, hustler, or drug dealer. Just b/c I was friends with guys like that doesnt mean I involve myself in their lifestyle, sure I hung out w/ them and partied w/ them but I had to walk my own path and poker is what Im good at, they understood that and never tried to pull me down their paths.

Ryan_21

Ryan_21
11-11-2002, 11:31 PM
Just my opinions

1. No not really, but probably most likely.

2. How should I know, "street life" has existed since long before there were ever any streets built. There were organized crimes/gangs hundreds of years ago.

3. Most likely they want out but are trapped. I mean seriously what the f are you gonna do when you got 2 felony charges and no high school diploma? You cant really become a state Senator. Heck, you probably cant even become a manager of a burger king. So what other way is there to make money, but hustle?

Ryan_21

11-12-2002, 12:41 AM
true. true. one of my best friends in H.S. ran with some of the thugs here in Chicago. he was one of them, in all respects. but he was our friend too, and he sort of led a double life sometimes. luckily, he got out, and wasn't down and out. he went to school, and now has a Masters Degree in Literature. he's going to be starting a PhD soon. i wonder what would have happened if he wasn't able to get out when he did.