PDA

View Full Version : Moral dilemna

Yeti
04-24-2005, 08:48 AM
So I wake up this morning after a night out to find a message on my phone from a girl at uni :

'Please don't read any emails from [my ex, he] got in to my account and hates me+ did something realy bad im beggin u if u care about me at all as a friend delete them'

Anyway, immediately I'm considering the possibilities of what this email could contain and praying for attachments.

Girl is blonde and hot, at least an 8/10. We got on decently but never really saw her outside class. She has changed courses and so I will be seeing her very rarely from now on, but we do talk occasionally on MSN.

Is this even close?

Results to follow later.

Brainwalter
04-24-2005, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if u care about me at all as a friend delete them

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you?

Matty
04-24-2005, 08:52 AM
You still have time to delete this thread

ceyoung
04-24-2005, 08:53 AM
read and post attachments (i.e. pics)

sublime
04-24-2005, 08:53 AM
this is easy. look at them. and send them to me. please.

Matty
04-24-2005, 08:55 AM
You know, you could probably make some money out of this situation...

spamuell
04-24-2005, 08:59 AM
This isn't funny, delete them. Think about how you'd feel if your ex betrayed your secrets to someone.

tbach24
04-24-2005, 09:01 AM
You'll hate yourself later either way, so you might as well go for the instant gratifaction (Sp) of looking now.

sublime
04-24-2005, 09:01 AM
This isn't funny, delete them. Think about how you'd feel if your ex betrayed your secrets to someone.

i would be happy. it would confirm that yes, i am naturally this handsome.

DBowling
04-24-2005, 09:11 AM
i think if there is a chance you could hook up with this girl, you keep the email, but dont read it (excercise some willpower, please). then, if things dont go well, you can read the email for your own personal gratification, as long as you dont be a dick about it afterward.

JGalt
04-24-2005, 09:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You'll hate yourself later either way, so you might as well go for the instant gratifaction (Sp) of looking now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Words of wisdom. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ceyoung
04-24-2005, 09:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think if there is a chance you could hook up with this girl, you keep the email, but dont read it (excercise some willpower, please). then, if things dont go well, you can read the email for your own personal gratification, as long as you dont be a dick about it afterward.

[/ QUOTE ]

its probably just a knee-jerk reaction. i say read the emails and if you hook up with her, itll probably be something to laught about at later time.

jakethebake
04-24-2005, 09:20 AM
What if they're telling you she has genital warts or something? Or that her nickname is finger-cuffs?

Yeti
04-24-2005, 09:24 AM
Just to clarify a few things :

- It's highly unlikely I will ever hook up with this girl.
- It did cross my mind at the time that it might just be a bitchy mail, but her alarm seemed to indicate something along the lines of topless pics. Maybe a vid.

tbach24
04-24-2005, 09:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

- It did cross my mind at the time that it might just be a bitchy mail, but her alarm seemed to indicate something along the lines of topless pics. Maybe a vid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read + Post

spamuell
04-24-2005, 09:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I'm being an uptight killjoy but don't do it. It's really not fair to her.

tolbiny
04-24-2005, 09:53 AM
This is pretty clear-
If your a dick, then read it.
If your not, then don't.

chesspain
04-24-2005, 09:53 AM
Regardless of whether whatever was sent came from her ex or from her (if she was drunk), just delete it.

sublime
04-24-2005, 09:57 AM
wait!

i have the answer. forward to me (a stranger) and i will tell you whether or not you should open! i am just that kinda guy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rotating Rabbit
04-24-2005, 10:08 AM
Read it, and then obviously say you didnt.

Sweaburg
04-24-2005, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I'm being an uptight killjoy but don't do it. It's really not fair to her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spameull is right. You'd have to be a huge [censored] to do this.

OtisTheMarsupial
04-24-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

You'd have to be a huge [censored] to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beerfund
04-24-2005, 11:25 AM
I have no dount in my mind that you have already read it, as would any normal man would and now you just want justification for doing so because what you saw terrified you to your very soul. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Lafortezza
04-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Read them, if you don't know the girl that well and won't see her much in the future. If you're not a total dick then whatever is in the emails won't go any further (than OOT anyway).

jdl22
04-24-2005, 11:31 AM
you know you can tell if there are attachments without reading the email right?

Nick B.
04-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Clearly this is a read and don't tell her you read them situation.

tech
04-24-2005, 11:43 AM
Ask her if she will do *anything* to keep you from reading them. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

AlienCorpse
04-24-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ask her if she will do *anything* to keep you from reading them. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

world class advice

bdk3clash
04-24-2005, 12:04 PM
This is indeed quite the dilemma. I can't decide whether you should post the contents of the e-mail to a web site or just e-mail them to your friends.

Seriously, though, the right thing to do is obviously to delete them, but it's hard for me to say what I'd do. I think I'd lean toward being a mensch and deleting them and forever wondering what their contents were.

kenberman
04-24-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is easy. look at them. and send them to me. please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jack of Arcades
04-24-2005, 12:18 PM
If this were someone closer to you than just some girl you ocassionally talk to I'd delete it. It's not, so send it to all of us.

BusterStacks
04-24-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally someone says the right answer.

SackUp
04-24-2005, 12:39 PM
There is no way you aren't looking at these emails first.

I don't care who the chick is, you are reading them. Especially if she is hot and there is a chance for nudity.

But let's think about this...why not look? It's not like she is really going to know if you did or not and long term I doubt she will really care either.

What's the worst thing that is gonna be in here? Some nude pics or perhaps a sex tape. First those really aren't that big of a deal - how many of these have you seen in your life - millions! Plus if you don't want to have stuff like this get out then don't do them. This is the golden rule. I don't care if you are married to the person. If you don't want stuff like this seen by others then don't film/photograph it. It's really that simple.

The only other really bad thing is it will say something really personal about some VD she has or something like this. While this sucks, I highly doubt this will make a difference either. [censored] happens and usually it happened b/c of a mistake or accident. Again, not a big deal.

It is probably just some hate mail saying the chick is a biatch, is a slut and clubs baby seals. BFD.

Read the thing, see what it is and move on. There is really nothing in there that is gonna be that big of a deal. And if you are lucky you will know if this chick is worth pursuing.

bholdr
04-24-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is your freind, you proably should accept her wishes and delete the emails. of course, topless pics are pretty damn harmless... just one little peek?

Ulysses
04-24-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd lean toward being a mensch and deleting them and forever wondering what their contents were.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what you'd want to do, but you'd look. Everyone would look.

ArchAngel71857
04-24-2005, 03:38 PM
If she was smart, she would have e-mailed you with the subject - DON'T READ PREVIOUS E-MAIL! VIRUS!.

Or she would have called you.

as it is, I probably would have woken up checked my e-mail, liked the naked pics I got, sent her some back.

-AA

JGalt
04-24-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
as it is, I probably would have woken up checked my e-mail, liked the naked pics I got, sent her some back.

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez. I've laughed out loud to two responses in this thread.

scotty34
04-24-2005, 04:09 PM
Read it, don't tell her. If it somehow gets out that you did read it, say you checked your email before seeing her message on your phone.

This is especially believeable because it is hotmail and you use MSN. Anytime you sign into MSN it shows that you got a new email, so its not unreasonable that you checked it.

If you say it enough times, you might even believe that's what happened yourself.

diddle
04-24-2005, 04:13 PM
i don't get it. What's the dilemna? Why wouldn't you read it?

A_C_Slater
04-24-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Read it, don't tell her. If it somehow gets out that you did read it, say you checked your email before seeing her message on your phone.

This is especially believeable because it is hotmail and you use MSN. Anytime you sign into MSN it shows that you got a new email, so its not unreasonable that you checked it.

If you say it enough times, you might even believe that's what happened yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Tell a lie loud enough and long enough and people will believe it." ---Adolf Hitler.

Yobz
04-24-2005, 04:34 PM
Don't be such a pansy, read the freaking email and tell us what it said

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
04-24-2005, 04:59 PM
if its nude pics of the husband that would suck.

The Yugoslavian
04-24-2005, 05:01 PM
This isn't a moral or ethical dilemma.

Yet...

Yugoslav

cnfuzzd
04-24-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally someone says the right answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jman28
04-24-2005, 05:20 PM
You should tell her the truth no matter what you decide. Choose knowing that you will tell her what you did.

It really depends on how much you value her friendship.

-Jman28

DMBFan23
04-24-2005, 05:52 PM
it would be the nuts if it had a read receipt on it, and you got busted. that's just way too devious though, so no chance of that.

I agree with ElD that 99% of us are looking. personally, if there are attachments, they are getting opened. if it's just text, then I'll delete it.

Yeti
04-24-2005, 06:30 PM
I had no mail in my inbox.

Fk. The message was obviously a mass mail, and the ex hadn't chosen to email it to me. Damn. Now I gotta find someone with the pics.

FWIW I intended to view any pics/vids and delete any nasty text without reading it.

Sorry for toying with you guys.

Yobz
04-24-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Fk. The message was obviously a mass mail, and the ex hadn't chosen to email it to me. Damn. Now I gotta find someone with the pics.

FWIW I intended to view any pics/vids and delete any nasty text without reading it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just killed my wood /images/graemlins/mad.gif

private joker
04-24-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooh. Misdeal.