PDA

View Full Version : Sin City questions

Reef
04-24-2005, 05:29 AM
I loved the Tarantino flick. Can't wait until the 2nd one comes out. Anyway, I have a few questions:

1) What was the significance/role/purpose of Josh Hartnett's character?

2) How/why did Marv and Hardington not know/meet each other through Jessica Alba?

3) Why didn't Elijah Woods attack Hardington on the farm?

Popinjay
04-24-2005, 05:32 AM
pls dont ask these questions because the movie has no answers for you. very horrible movie.

Reef
04-24-2005, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
very horrible movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

you must not have liked Kill Bill. Anyway, I disagree.

brassnuts
04-24-2005, 05:54 AM
1) I think his character was simply a hitman.

2) Hardington was only at the bar in the same vicinity as Marv for a minute, during the first scene after Hardington's release from prison. How would they have known eachother otherwise?

3) He was full?

Reef
04-24-2005, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1) I think his character was simply a hitman.

[/ QUOTE ]
ya, I got that. I was confused as to how he tied into everything and how/why he was hired to kill the traitor ho

[ QUOTE ]

2) Hardington was only at the bar in the same vicinity as Marv for a minute, during the first scene after Hardington's release from prison. How would they have known eachother otherwise?

[/ QUOTE ]

through Jessica Alba

[ QUOTE ]
3) He was full?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm

brassnuts
04-24-2005, 06:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ya, I got that. I was confused as to how he tied into everything and how/why he was hired to kill the traitor ho

[/ QUOTE ]

Cuz she's a sellout.

[ QUOTE ]
through Jessica Alba

[/ QUOTE ]

They didn't have much time to socialize and intermingle among friends once Hardington got out of prison. Do you mean that she should have turned to him for help? I'm a little confused. Maybe my memory of the timeline for this part of the movie is off, but I don't really see what you're getting at.

[ QUOTE ]
hmm

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard hooker meat is quite filling.

sublime
04-24-2005, 06:09 AM
very horrible movie

couldnt diasagree more

brassnuts
04-24-2005, 06:14 AM
Also, I may be mistaken, but I think Hartnett's character was the basis of another graphic novel, but they didn't bother putting much emphasis on him in the movie. Instead, they just used the scene with him and the lady in red as an interesting opening scene to the movie, in turn setting up his assassination of the hooker at the ending scene.

Reef
04-24-2005, 06:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
through Jessica Alba

[/ QUOTE ]

They didn't have much time to socialize and intermingle among friends once Hardington got out of prison. Do you mean that she should have turned to him for help? I'm a little confused. Maybe my memory of the timeline for this part of the movie is off, but I don't really see what you're getting at.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that Alba and Marv went way back to the frat days. She could've told him her story and even asked for help. Marv and Hardington would've been 1 badass team.

UCF THAYER
04-24-2005, 07:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I loved the Tarantino flick.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmm.....

Reef
04-24-2005, 07:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmm.....

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe love was too strong a word. In any case, I really liked it.

ceyoung
04-24-2005, 07:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmm.....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nice...

tbach24
04-24-2005, 08:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmm.....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't Tarantino, Frank Miller and some other dude were the main directors, Tarantino did the one seen with del Toro in the car w/ the other guy.

BWebb
04-24-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmm.....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't Tarantino, Frank Miller and some other dude were the main directors, Tarantino did the one seen with del Toro in the car w/ the other guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rodriguez was the director, Miller was co-director, Tarintino directed the scene where Del Toro and Owen are in the car together. As for Hardigan and Marv, Hardigan knew him because he was a cop and Marv was always in trouble. Other than that, their lives don't really intersect.

Reef
04-24-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmm.....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rodriguez was the director, Miller was co-director, Tarintino directed the scene where Del Toro and Owen are in the car together. As for Hardigan and Marv, Hardigan knew him because he was a cop and Marv was always in trouble. Other than that, their lives don't really intersect.

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad. I remember seeing Miller in the credits, but for some reason Tarantino stuck in my mind. The whole film had the Kill-Bill feel to it.

James Boston
04-24-2005, 02:45 PM
Don't know 2 & 3.

I think the purpose of Hartnett's character was just to let you know that the chick who sold out the Old Town girls was going to get whacked.

Lazymeatball
04-24-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmm.....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad. I remember seeing Miller in the credits, but for some reason Tarantino stuck in my mind. The whole film had the Kill-Bill feel to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rodriquez coordinated on the soundtrack to Kill Bill 2. He also directed (and possibly wrote) "From Dusk till Dawn" which co-starred Tarantino, and i'm pretty sure he has worked with QT on other projects (I think he may have co-directed the scene in "Four Rooms" with Antonio Banderras). Bascially these two driecters circle jerk all the time so that would explain the similarity in their work.

Also of note, the scene between hartnett and lady in red was sort of a pilot scene that was used to convince Frank Miller to allow his work to be made into a movie. It was done as sort of a rush job and just as a test to see if Rodriguez would be able to capture Miller's work on film. Other than that, it has little do with the film.

And in answer to number 3, the way i understand the timeline, Elijah Wood had already been fed to the dogs by Marv before Bruce Willis character goes to the farm. I'd have to see the move again to double check that.

ScottyP431
04-24-2005, 04:00 PM
You can pick up the graphic novels in just about any book store now, and they provide allot more backstory that may answer some of your questions.

Harnets character sets the tone for the film in the beginning, and brings everything full circle at the end. Pretty common film technique (lebowski comes to mind)

tbach24
04-24-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And in answer to number 3, the way i understand the timeline, Elijah Wood had already been fed to the dogs by Marv before Bruce Willis character goes to the farm. I'd have to see the move again to double check that.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Wood is in the window of the farmhouse. The other answers are nice tho.