PDA

View Full Version : abuse at the tables

dfscott
04-24-2005, 02:26 AM
I play $20 SnGs, and I know people are going to give me grief for going all-in all the time, and I'm used to it. However, I think this was a little over the top.

To set this up, it's the middle of the tournament, I have 95o in the BB and get to see a free flop that comes A99. I check, villain (who holds A8o), bets the flop, and I go all-in. He calls, a 9 comes on the turn that boats him but gives me quads, and he gets knocked out.

This guy then starts giving me all sorts of abuse. For example:

(Villain): I HOPE YOU BURN ALIVE
(Villain): EAT SH.IT AND DIE
(Villain): SUFFERING
(Villain): CHOKING
(Villain): FEELING IT ALL
(Villain): DIE SCOTT DIE
(Villain): YOU HAVE BEEN MARKED TO DIE

Some of the stuff was so bad I didn't feel comfortable repeating it here. And this guy keeps going for ten more hands or so. I've had people berate me, but this seemed a little extreme.

I've been playing a for a year and a half and have never received this degree of abuse. Have I just been lucky or is this a bit over the top?

BTW, the funniest part was the other guy at the table that said: "Must have really needed his $20"

Matty
04-24-2005, 02:55 AM
I encountered much worse last night. I think his sn was mochidog, at a $50NL table, he was lagging it up kinda bad and typing in the chat:

CALL ME U STUPID FUC
CALL ME
I HAVE 8 3
YOU STUPID FUCS
YOU NI**S
STUPID NI**S
HEY [insert name of player, usually me because I ended up taunting him and telling him I was black] YOU'RE A STUPID NI*
BURNT TOAST
BLACK AS BURNT TOAST
I'LL MURDER YOU
I'M SO PISSED
IF I WAS THERE I WOULD BEAT THE [censored] OUT OF YOU
STUPID FUCS

ad nauseum. I swear he typed out 5-6 full pages worth of taunts over the course of an hour. Odd that I was too lazy to email empire about it, but I'll type out a post here.

villafan
04-24-2005, 10:02 AM
I have been running into a lot of crazy people at Party in the last months. Yesterday one of the players at one of my 100 6max tables got the following message:

"hey mary..
get aids and die"

Have seen all sorts of "hope your mother gets cancer" messages, and I dont like it. It is not a pleasant experience to play with this kind of abuse for the average gambler (or for anyone else) that wants to have a good time saturday night playing poker.

I think everyone should report the worst incidents to get the chat removed from the abusers.

Uglyowl
04-24-2005, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

It is not a pleasant experience to play with this kind of abuse for the average gambler (or for anyone else) that wants to have a good time saturday night playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great point! To the majority of players out there playing is only for fun. If the game is no longer fun then those players will leave.

TomBrooks
04-24-2005, 10:22 AM
I would probably advise the site and request them to turn off his chat. Fine to let him play. I'd rather he stay.

Beavis68
04-24-2005, 01:47 PM
Why go through the trouble of whining about it here? Just send an email to support wtih some hand numbers around the time the person was doing this, they will block their chat.

UB is very good about this.

grimel
04-24-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It is not a pleasant experience to play with this kind of abuse for the average gambler (or for anyone else) that wants to have a good time saturday night playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great point! To the majority of players out there playing is only for fun. If the game is no longer fun then those players will leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point. I usually just taunt them to the point they lose it and start spewing chips at me. Hmmm, it might be long term -EV.

Time to rethink it.

flub
04-24-2005, 02:10 PM
Yes, send a note to support saying that he's abusing chat. They'll turn off his chat and it's very little effort. Besides, he might scare away the fish.

-f