PDA

View Full Version : I suck at heads up...help please!!!

beta1607
04-24-2005, 01:50 AM
I am often finding myself in the final 2 or 3 with a good chip stack yet almost always finish 2nd in this situation. Are there any good posts about HU play? I have tried the search funcation but couldnt come up with anything specific. I really need to figure this out as every time I lose my chip lead and finish 2nd it costs me $100. Any and all help appreciated.

Shoe
04-24-2005, 02:02 AM
Just go all in every time when your heads up and your bound to win a few of them.

Shanemex
04-24-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just go all in every time when your heads up and your bound to win a few of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

curtains
04-24-2005, 04:27 AM
This is a bit too simplistic, but you should be pushing a lot.

Freudian
04-24-2005, 04:36 AM
HUaiku

To play good heads up
You need to think like a pro:
When in doubt, you push

microbet
04-24-2005, 04:39 AM
Dude, unless you are on acid, a farmer, a baker, or sitting in a college dorm hall trying to decide if you are indeed one with the universe, there is no reason to be awake at this hour.

Micro
PST and it's too late for me.

Newt_Buggs
04-24-2005, 04:45 AM
yeah, basically push a lot. You can also exploit any reads you have on the player, like against a loose passive player I try to see more flops where I can catch a hand and get him to pay me off.

I haven't worked out any exact math, but if you're playing on party the blinds are so big that its mostly who gets delt better cards. If you get heads up with equal stacks when the blinds are 200-400 and push every hand i wouldn't be surprised if you'de have an edge over a lot of lower limit players.