PDA

View Full Version : I botched this hand completely. Tell me how horrible I am.

Logik
04-24-2005, 01:40 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t3807)
SB (t3013)
BB (t6680)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero calls t200, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t550) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t550) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t200</font>, BB calls t200, Hero calls t200.

River: (t1150) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t2588 (All-In)</font>, BB folds, Hero...?
Final Pot: t6326

$10+1 SnG on PokerStars. I am in 3rd place, in the money. No real reads on the other player, except that he usually folds when I show any resistance, so I was wary about his push. If he had the nuts I figured he'd want to value bet it. What should I do here?

I know I messed up on the flop, as I had many draws. The turn should have been raised, and the river should have been blocking bet if I smelled a full house.

The title isn't necessarily because I lost, but because I got put in this position. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Apathy
04-24-2005, 01:50 AM
Bet the flop, Raise the turn, and be prepared to go all in on any of these streets. Call the river.

lastchance
04-24-2005, 01:57 AM
What he said. Bet flop, raise turn, and my god, do not lay this down. Do not tell me you made this terrible, terrible laydown.

Logik
04-24-2005, 02:03 AM
*** SUMMARY ***
<font color="white">
total pot 6451 | Rake 0
Board [3d 7h 9h 3h 4s]
Seat 2: RPedigo (button) showed [4h 6h] and lost with a flush, Nine high
Seat 4: rondumsfeld (small blind) showed [3c 9d] and won (6451) with a full house, Threes full of Nines
Seat 9: sinthia (big blind) folded on the River

I think that I should have raised PF to try to knock rondumsfeld off his 93o. I don't think he was going anywhere postflop and he simply trapped me. Not a bad beat in the slightest, as he was ahead preflop, postflop, on the turn, and on the river.
</font>

Redd
04-24-2005, 02:28 AM
Comments on summary in white:

<font color="white">Sorry if this is a really stupid question (I'm a limit player who's trying to get into tourneys), but why would you raise pf with 64s? You're already a dog (http://www.twodimes.net/poker/?g=h&amp;b=&amp;d=&amp;h=6h+4h%0D%0A3c+9d) against his crappy 39o, let alone the third player. And you can't even put Villain on a hand as weak as he had.</font>

lastchance
04-24-2005, 02:58 AM
Cuz picking up t300 is really nice. Because you can both guys to fold a lot of the time, and that's pure EV. Plus, you can bet the flop when they check to you, and take down that pot. Aggression three-handed is a very good thing, and your cards can be crappy while doing it.

Logik
04-24-2005, 02:58 AM
I was a rock the whole game. I showed down about ten hands, and won nine of them. People were open-folding to me three handed when I was BB, the SB wouldn't complete. I could min-raise at a pot on the flop and they'd muck. The reason I'd raise is twofold:

1. I can define their hand
2. I can steal the pot from someone, because 93o won't call a raise from me

The hands I showed down were probably four trips, two straights, an ace high flush, and three full houses... they're scared

Benholio
04-24-2005, 03:04 AM
Don't forget the pre-flop play. You should pretty much NEVER be limping in 3-handed from the button. Raise or fold. By limping you pretty much guarantee that your opponents don't make a mistake pre-flop, as calling with 5:1 pot odds and checking are pretty safe plays.

Having said that, you should probably bet the flop, not just because you picked up multiple draws, but because everyone checked to you. 3-handed and heads-up you should be aggressive and try to take down pots on the flop if everyone checks to you. Put your position to good use.

Benholio
04-24-2005, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that I should have raised PF to try to knock rondumsfeld off his 93o.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you should have raised pre-flop, but be careful when deciding this after the results. If you doubled up because he hit 2-pair, you may have been (incorrectly) happy (or at least indifferent) that you kept him in.