PDA

View Full Version : 10's vs a solid player

HollywoodDB
04-24-2005, 01:01 AM
This is from a live 32-man tourney. $20.00 buy in. There are about 18 people left. Top 3 pays.

The villian has only been at our table a few rounds. No huge reads other than he seems to be pretty descent.

Hero is UTG+1 with 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif($45.00)
Villian is UTG+2 with about ($37.00)
Average stack is around $50+ or so

Blinds are 1/2

PRE:
UTG mucks, Hero raises 4 making it 6 to call. Villian raises 20. Everyone folds to Hero.
Hero...?

Is this an auto fold? My thought was, why would villian make such a large bet with a higher PP. Smells like an isolation bet to me with a smaller pair putting me on a high Ace. What do you guys think?

Che
04-24-2005, 03:55 AM
Disclaimer: I don't play live.

I would fold. 21 would be a pot-sized reraise so I don't think you can discount AA/KK here. In fact, I would be more worried about AA/KK since he didn't push than I would be if he had.

So, you've got 4 pairs that beat you, a couple (88/99) that might make this play that you beat, and you're a coinflip against anything else. It's close with the pot odds you're getting, but I still probably fold.

Later,
Che

HollywoodDB
04-24-2005, 10:08 AM
There is only $9.00 in the pot at the time of the reraise. Wouldn't you want to value bet your AA, KK, QQ instead of blowing out the rest of the field?

Socrates
04-24-2005, 10:30 AM
3x re-raise and doesn't push in. I'm guessing he has AA or KK here. I can't see someone risking over half their stack hoping for a coin flip or for flopping a set.

Then again, you didn't provide us with any of the other stacks or other relevent information so it's hard to give you a complete answer.

CardSharpCook
04-24-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3x re-raise and doesn't push in. I'm guessing he has AA or KK here. I can't see someone risking over half their stack hoping for a coin flip or for flopping a set.

Then again, you didn't provide us with any of the other stacks or other relevent information so it's hard to give you a complete answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

A 3X reraise PF often means AA/KK. For whatever reason, people play it this way hoping for a push from you. I agree with you that a call behind with one of these holdings is often a much better play. However, I don't think you can call this reraise. The responses you got are all good.

CSC