Raydain
04-24-2005, 12:45 AM
Another AA hand

Assume there are no reads
1/2 NL

(UTG) Hero: 200
(UTG+1) Villain: 200+

Preflop: Hero raises to 6 and Villain calls

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero bets 12... Villain raises to 24... Hero raises to 50... Villain calls.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
?

How do you play the turn and river?

nebben
04-24-2005, 12:54 AM
I dont think that 8 is a dangerous card for you, so I'd 2/3 pot it. If youre raised, I thik you have to fold. The reason the 8 isnt dangerous is because no one plays a gutshot like that. also, an 8 is an unlikely kicker so he probably didnt make 2 pair with it.

youngladyfriend
04-24-2005, 01:06 AM
I'm assuming Villian doesn't have 1010 - KK because he would probably re-raise you on the flop if he did. May be trying to trap with trips. I would possibly make a bet of $75 or so knowing that if he raises you can probably fold. That's playing scared. Worse thing to do here is check and let him do the betting for you. At any rate it is very tough to get rid of this hand. Most of the time you are going to win so you should probably just push in because over time you will win more than you will lose.

*youngladyfriend

mythrilfox
04-24-2005, 01:21 AM
So you're advocating folding for $25 into a $375 pot?

Raydain
04-24-2005, 01:27 AM
I bet $40 on the turn and he called

River was a blank and I bet $70 and he raised the rest and turned over 77.

Any way to make this hand cheaper for myself?

youngladyfriend
04-24-2005, 01:32 AM
darnit. i knew something was wrong. he's out of money! I think i had a better suggestion in the second half of my response.

Raydain
04-24-2005, 01:39 AM
I raised to 50, so I still had almost 150 left in my stack

youngladyfriend
04-24-2005, 01:50 AM
Okay. So my math the first time was right. There was $115 in the pot including the blinds and then of course less the rake. Anyway.... most of the time you are going to win this hand with AA. It's tough to play against trips. Especially online. Live games you may be able to lay this down more easily because you can make a much better read. If you can figure out how to lay down rockets because you can sense someone has trips please keep it to yourself. You will be a very succesful poker player.

nebben
04-24-2005, 12:13 PM
In light of the turn call, Im not sure. 1/2 pot bet on river, and I think i would fold to a substantial raise, althopugh I forget stack sizes so im not sure if "the rest of it" is substantial.

the machine
04-24-2005, 05:51 PM
honestly there is no turn play, your reraise should be large enough to knock a straight draw out. he unlikely may have called you with 97 but if you make a big enough reraise he may put you on a set and muck, dont raise so small on a unpaired low flop with aa, protect it and make him put lots of money in with top pair or some draw. if what you did post flop is the way you want to bet then i say you have to lead out on the turn with somekind of bet even though you most likely will get raised. if it is significant muck and give him credit where its due, if the river even comes close to putting a straight card on board i muck the river. ps if he has 56 then he def should not be calling a huge raise even though he is open ended. the 8 will give him the assend striaght and can make the nut straight which will make him lose lots of chips. push the flop hard