PDA

View Full Version : Short-stack Hand Selection

MeanGreenTT
04-24-2005, 12:33 AM
A quick side-note 1st...during this same tourney tonite, twice within 20 minutes, same round, I got heads-up with KK only to have the other player to show KK as well! 2 different tables, different dealers and different players....what the hell are the odds of that event?!

I hate getting in this spot but when I do, I invariably re-think what I should've pushed with...I try not to be results oriented, but I think I need to open up a little more in these situations.

Live tourney, $45 buy-in, 120 players. Blinds are now at 500/1000 and I have T4000. 20 players left, 9 paid. Button has T7000, SB has T4000 and BB is an UBER stack.

Table folds to me on the Cutoff...push or fold with JTo? Thanks.

Che
04-24-2005, 12:45 AM
Push.

CardSharpCook
04-24-2005, 12:48 AM
this is a pretty easy push, friend. Your are down to 4 BBs, you still have a touch of FE, but, quite frankly, a part of you should be hoping for a call. I hope you chose wisely.

CSC

MeanGreenTT
04-24-2005, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the advice guys, appreciate it!

I need to tone down my "fear" of busting out more. I knew during the previous round I had to push with any playable hand. It's not like I sit back and wait for the big pair while getting blinded down but maybe I have been waiting for a little too much when short.

I did fold that hand and it woulda been good /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Pushed on the next hand with 77 and went heads up against AT.