PDA

View Full Version : bet out? call river? and why?

jt1
04-23-2005, 09:44 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Wyers
04-23-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to know what CO is betting so I'm checkraising the flop. Barring a three bet, I would lead both the turn and the river.

garion888
04-23-2005, 09:56 PM
Any reads?

I think if you bet the river here and get raised, it's a clear cut fold. I believe the raise indicates a 7. If he had a king, he'd probably just call the river.

I also think that betting out the flop makes this a little easier to play. If you get raised you can C/F the turn. If he doesn't have a 7 the J makes you split at best. I think the hand you have is good when you get hit hard. When you don't, it's marginal at best.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong please /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Jason

jt1
04-23-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I want to know what CO is betting so I'm checkraising the flop. Barring a three bet, I would lead both the turn and the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is bad, but I didn't want to chase out a worse hand. If I followed your line, I'd at least consider check folding the river

ErrantNight
04-23-2005, 09:59 PM
raise that flop, holmes.

Nate tha' Great
My experience suggests that folding the river in these sort of spots is a mistake.

Honestly, I think this is a check-call. You collect the most that way from a busted flush, etc., arent losing anything against another king (probably don't need to worry about your kicker on this board), and avoid getting bluffed off the pot.

jt1
[ QUOTE ]
Any reads?

[/ QUOTE ]

None

BriPlay
04-23-2005, 10:31 PM
IMO you played this whole hand way too passively.
you showed no strength at all til river...to CO it could easily look like a terrible bluff ("he hit a stinking 2?"..and by now he's convinced his ..(lets say 99) is good.
Avoid all this,,either bet the flop (best IMO) or if you check and CO bets as he did..raise him to get his attention.
Brian

jt1
04-23-2005, 10:43 PM
I would have cr'd the turn but by then it was HU so I didn't think I had to. My goal wasn't to protect myself from loosing bets, it was to extract the most bets. I don't see how betting out extracts the most bets on this board. 90% of the time someone will try and take this baby so I thought I'd let him. The turn check was difficult as I didn't want it to be checked thru. People are saying I should have called the raise. I respect that. I don't like the flop cr because it puts you in a loose loose situation. You fold all the no hands or are put in a situation where you have to bet the turn and at least check call a river when dominated. I thought my line was a better alternative until i got raised /images/graemlins/tongue.gif