PDA

View Full Version : Would You Have Played This Hand The Same Way?

PokerProdigy
04-23-2005, 09:09 PM
I want to know what you guys think of my play on this hand, and more importantly tell me why I made the right or wrong move?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO (t785)
Button (t735)
SB (t785)
BB (t800)
UTG (t715)
UTG+1 (t785)
UTG+2 (t800)
MP1 (t800)
Hero (t800)
MP3 (t995)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to t125</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t800 (All-In)</font>.....

DasLeben
04-23-2005, 09:13 PM
Call the raise.

Voltron87
04-23-2005, 09:17 PM
What level is this? People can't answer these questions without knowing.

valenzuela
04-23-2005, 09:18 PM
33 or less.

Voltron87
04-23-2005, 09:21 PM
all in baby

DasLeben
04-23-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
all in baby

[/ QUOTE ]

At level 1? Am I missing some piece of info that you're seeing?

PokerProdigy
04-23-2005, 09:27 PM
This was a $10 buy-in on Party Poker. And by the way I was the one who pushed all-in (because it looks like some of you guys may have missed that). My question is whether I should have pushed all-in here (with the ace-king against MP1) preflop?

Voltron87
04-23-2005, 09:27 PM
You do realize that people at the 33s and under are retarded, right?

Voltron87
04-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Yes, all in was good, people at the 11s will call you will stuff like AQ and AJ.

DasLeben
04-23-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You do realize that people at the 33s and under are retarded, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I do. I play with them all the time. I just don't see the value behind pushing with AKo here with blinds 10/15. If you miss the flop, you still have plenty of chips.

john_
04-23-2005, 10:02 PM
I call and outplay him postflop...

yoadrians
04-23-2005, 10:04 PM
Dude, it's not even sooooooooooooooooooooted.

For real, though, I just call and see a flop.

PokerProdigy
04-24-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, it's not even sooooooooooooooooooooted.

For real, though, I just call and see a flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny, I wonder how many people got that?

Part of the reason I pushed all-in in this spot (which I do not always do in similar situations) is that I thought I may pick up the pot right there without a fight. If I did get called I probably have the best hand or am a coin-flip. And as Sklansky talks about in tournament poker for advanced players, ace-king is a good hand to get all-in with preflop. Also, since it was early in a single table tourney I thought I could take this opportunity to get some chips and if not, then I could just start a new tourney.

I just told you all this so you could see my thought process. What do you guys think about my play still? And most importantly why?

mcreech65
04-24-2005, 12:11 PM
I don't mind a push, it's a strong move, but if you do get called most likely it is by QQ, JJ, 10's. Why risk your tournament in level 1, when you can smooth-call with position. If the the flop hits, bet the pot or push if opponent bets. I might not get too fancy here if the flop misses me, perhaps a 1/2 sized pot bet.

Bigwig
04-24-2005, 12:25 PM
No, I wouldn't have. I might call and see a flop. I also might fold. Depends on my feel for the player and the table. But I'm most certainly NOT reraising all-in at this point in the tournament with AKo against a MP raiser who's entered the pot after an UTG limper.

microbet
04-24-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, since it was early in a single table tourney I thought I could take this opportunity to get some chips and if not, then I could just start a new tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you single tabling? I can see letting time influence your decision then. Multi-tabling though I wouldn't make a decision based on starting a new tourney if I bust. If were doing that, I'd just add another table.

I'm not commenting about this hand in particular.

Big Limpin'
04-24-2005, 12:42 PM
Take into consideration that you have position on villian. That will really help if you just see the flop, and pushing counterfeits this advantage. I am more inclided to push AK p/f if im out of position to the raiser, so as to level the field.

I dont have a problem with pushing though...as others point out, you will see AQ/AJ/KQ often enough

ReDeYES88
04-24-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Part of the reason I pushed all-in in this spot (which I do not always do in similar situations) is that I thought I may pick up the pot right there without a fight. If I did get called I probably have the best hand or am a coin-flip . . .Also, since it was early in a single table tourney I thought I could take this opportunity to get some chips and if not, then I could just start a new tourney.

I just told you all this so you could see my thought process. What do you guys think about my play still? And most importantly why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not risk my tourney in the first round with a drawing hand in an attempt to win t165. That is just not enough chips to make any difference at all at this point in the tourney.

Flat call the raise in position. Many of the dominated hands that you believe will call your push PF will also give up those chips post flop when their second best hand hits. Play this one PF. The decisions for OOP Villan are a lot harder when you just flat call and he acts first PF. We want to make our opponents decisions as hard as we can. Your push makes his decision easy.