PDA

View Full Version : Batman & Superman

Dynasty
04-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Batman Begins is coming to theatres this summer. Superman Returns will be in theatres next summer. The Batman film is a complete reboot of the franchise whereas the Superman film is going to pick up the Christopher Reeve Superman story many years later.

I've never been a comic book fan. But, I've always liked superhero movies. Hopefully, these will be good. They can't be much worse than Batman & Robin or Superman IV: The Quest for Peace.

What do you think of the costumes?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/bale-costume-2.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/normal_SupesHi_001.jpg

Vince Young
04-23-2005, 07:31 PM
The new Batmobile looks like a piece of [censored].

wacki
04-23-2005, 07:31 PM
The fact that the batman costume doesn't have nipples this time around is a very good sign.

InchoateHand
04-23-2005, 07:32 PM
Batman wears a codpiece, one more reason he'd kick Superman's ass.

The Dude
04-23-2005, 07:42 PM
The original Batman with Jack Nicholson and Michael Keaton is my favorite comic book movie of all time. But the later ones (especially the last two) were horrific. Dare I be optimistic about this one?

mostsmooth
04-23-2005, 08:16 PM
vader would kick both their asses

istewart
04-23-2005, 08:16 PM
Batman the TV show with West is amazing.

wacki
04-23-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The original Batman with Jack Nicholson and Michael Keaton is my favorite comic book movie of all time. But the later ones (especially the last two) were horrific. Dare I be optimistic about this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

The first movie was done by Tim Burton. The real question is, who is doing this movie? That is all we really need to know.

istewart
04-23-2005, 08:21 PM
Batman Returns rules!

Phoenix1010
04-23-2005, 08:25 PM
I've got high hopes for the Batman movie. Previews have looked awesome. We know Christian Bale can handle action scenes. I dunno about having Ra's Al Ghul and Scarecrow in one movie though. I think one of the things that separated the original Batman movie from the sequels is that it focused on only one enemy, the Joker. Batman begins and ends with the Joker. I don't like his absence from this movie.

Phoenix1010
04-23-2005, 08:27 PM
Christopher Nolan, guy who directed Memento. Great movie, but not really the same kind of movie we're looking for here. Quality is quality though.

wacki
04-23-2005, 08:41 PM
http://photos.imageevent.com/batmanonfilm/bofimagesbofimages/smscarecrow1.jpg

Blarg
04-23-2005, 08:44 PM
What an odd choice.

I like the new Batman costume.

The new Superman dude looks like a bit of a poofter. He looks like he could be anyone's roommate, more than like a superhero. With a look like that, he might as well just wear jeans and a t-shirt.

Ringo_Mojo
04-24-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Batman Begins is coming to theatres this summer. Superman Returns will be in theatres next summer. The Batman film is a complete reboot of the franchise whereas the Superman film is going to pick up the Christopher Reeve Superman story many years later.

I've never been a comic book fan. But, I've always liked superhero movies. Hopefully, these will be good. They can't be much worse than Batman & Robin or Superman IV: The Quest for Peace.

What do you think of the costumes?

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've heard, the new Superman movie picks up after Superman 2, and ignores all the stupid crap from Superman 3 & 4. This makes me very very happy.

And i was under the impression that Batman Begins wasn't restarting the story, but filling in the gap between "my dumb parents got killed in an alley" and "I'm Batman".

peachy
04-24-2005, 02:24 PM
i cant believe kate bosworth is lois lane /images/graemlins/frown.gif she just doesnt fit it to me...maybe she will do good though who knows

Dynasty
04-26-2005, 11:42 PM
MTV.com has an excluse Batman Begins trailer.

Trailer (http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1500723/04252005/story.jhtml)

wacki
04-27-2005, 01:07 AM
Thankyou Dynasty.

My money is on that this movie is going to kick ass.

Good director, devoid of big whig ticket selling stars that can't act, dark theme, no nipples on batman costume, a much darker tone, people talking realistic smack, portrayal of deep emotional pain......

This movie is going to be good.

Blarg
04-27-2005, 01:12 AM
I like the Batman of the comics in the 40's, when he would come out blasting with twin 45's and didn't give a damn if criminals died or not. He was cool before he got into his Michael Jackson phase with Robin.

Blarg
04-27-2005, 01:33 AM
Thanks for the link. Didn't see Batman doing anything of interest really, unfortunately, in the first trailer. He was in his civvies pretty much the whole time, and a bunch of guys talking cut quickly together with some scenes of the car. Extremely generic, over all.

Second one was just a still photo...bleah of his parents.

Hiulariously, the third one came in upside down and green an splotchy, looking like it was seen through a Robocop lens or something. Bizarre. Oh well.

The fourth one finally had something worth watching in it. But it seems they're still doing everything they can to keep the costume from being seen.

Blarg
04-27-2005, 01:47 AM
Whoa, Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor in this new Superman. Finally, I have a spark of interest.

LethalRose
04-27-2005, 02:13 AM
both look good, I just hope I graduate and find a new job before they come out on dvd, im getting tired of wearing customes.