PDA

View Full Version : i hate being out of position.

tolbiny
04-23-2005, 06:29 PM
My table image here is fairly lagish, over the last 20 hands (i sat down maybe 30 hands ago) i have raised 10-12 times and three bet 3-4 more. I haven't shown to many of the hands down as i have folded a couple, and had more than that folded to me postflop.
The table is decently aggro preflop, with some post flop trickery. a couple of soft spots- main opp in this hand doesn't look terrible, i guess he would be what some would call "solid". On to the hand.

10-20 party poker.

I raise UTG with KQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif s

UTG+1 three bets- one coldcaller and we see a flop three handed.

K /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

i check, utg+1 bets, coldcaller calls, i c/r utg+ 3 bets (uhh oh) coldcaler folds, i call.
Turn is 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
i check, utg+1 checks
river A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

i check planning on calling a bet.

spamuell
04-23-2005, 09:52 PM
I'd bet the river and hope to get called by a smaller pair. I see this line a lot with pocket pairs. Yeah I'd fold to a river raise.

kslghost
04-23-2005, 11:15 PM
I would have bet this river as well, but I wouldn't fold to the raise. As you've described the table, it would be 9 big bets and one to call if you were to bet and be raised on the river. (9 sb pf, 7 sb f, 2 bb riv) Since the players are very tricky, I would call. However, I don't think not betting to the ace is correct in this situation.

cartman
04-24-2005, 01:12 AM
I like betting the river and folding to a raise better than checking. Some guys will pull and insane check behind on the turn when they have a monster, but the second he checks the blank turn I put him on a K who is scared of his kicker or a pocket pair worse than K's. If you bet the river and get raised I think you have an easy fold. I think the bet is important so that you don't allow a pocket pair or a worse K to showdown for free.

Cartman

TStoneMBD
04-24-2005, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet the river and hope to get called by a smaller pair. I see this line a lot with pocket pairs. Yeah I'd fold to a river raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.

just to note, i dont think its correct to bet and call a raise. check-calling would be a better line than this.