PDA

View Full Version : god damn. i just woke up and dont see any NYY game threads?

sublime
04-23-2005, 06:16 PM
why not?

istewart
04-23-2005, 06:18 PM
NBA playoffs duder.

sublime
04-23-2005, 06:19 PM
oh yeah. that sport. i might actually watch the celtics game /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[censored]
04-23-2005, 06:20 PM
I didn't know they were playing an early game. Christ, another ass kicking AND wright goes down with a shoulder injury.

istewart
04-23-2005, 06:20 PM
So [censored] gay.

sublime
04-23-2005, 06:22 PM
i agree. the wright signing was pretty damn gay. not like they could have signed david wells or anything.

Voltron87
04-23-2005, 06:23 PM
because none of the following are worth [censored] as pitchers: kevin brown, jared wright, tom gordon, felix rodriguez...

[censored]
04-23-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i agree. the wright signing was pretty damn gay. not like they could have signed david wells or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or Lieber.................currently 4-0 2.73 ERA [censored] [censored] [censored]

[censored]
04-23-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
because none of the following are worth [censored] as pitchers: kevin brown, jared wright, tom gordon, felix rodriguez...

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong Frod may be an effective setup man

sublime
04-23-2005, 06:27 PM
could they have signed jon leiber? ohh yeah. cheaper to.!!

gordon is probably worn out from last year. looks like embree is the same. theese guys ainst spring chickens you know.

sublime
04-23-2005, 06:29 PM
its april, relax guys /images/graemlins/smile.gif

im just busting chops. deads to be honest. i get aggravated when the only game threads are the ones that involve the yankess abusing a team.

[censored]
04-23-2005, 06:31 PM
The Yankees could have signed Lieber & Lowe for 12.5 this year. Instead they signed Pavano and Wright for 14.6.

Voltron87
04-23-2005, 06:36 PM
So far he has been terrible. I'm holding out hope for him though.

sublime
04-23-2005, 06:38 PM
lowe? ehhh......

i love the guy, but he is a little 'soft' imo.

[censored]
04-23-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lowe? ehhh......

i love the gyuy, but he is a little 'soft' imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would easily take him over Wright who has had exactly 1 good season, which just happened to be his free agent year.

TheJunkyardGod
04-23-2005, 06:42 PM
I spent more time watching the Draft and the mets game, with occasional stops over to cringe at the yankees game.

I'm still mad about the Leiber deal, he no-hits the red sox for 8 innings, had a great postseason. But instead we pick up guys like Wright, whos had, what 1 winning season? I don't know whats going on over there.

Oh well, it's only April. They'll figure things out.

side note: Did anyone catch the sportscenter bit about the team the yankees could have with just their luxury tax? It was a damn impressive team, for 170 million less.

Voltron87
04-23-2005, 06:50 PM
It was strange since we basically paid lieber to be on the dl for a whole year, pitched him one year which he ended well, and then dumped him for a young pitcher with one good season.

My prediction for the season: We get by and win the division, but lose in the postseason to anaheim or boston since we can't get by the 6-8th innings with giving up 4 runs. Unless we go out and get a good middle reliever or two. Which probably will happen. I'm not worried about our starters, randy, moose, and pavano will be fine. Mariano will be fine too, I'm not worried about him. But I am worried about gordon, felix, stanton and quantril, if they pitch the way they've been pitching we have a slim chance in the postseason unless rany and moose are specatular.

[censored]
04-23-2005, 06:51 PM
The Yankees could have also kept Hernandez for 3.5 million, currently 2-1, 2.50 ERA.

Dead
04-23-2005, 06:56 PM
PAVANO has been good. Wtf are you talking about? Pavano was a great signing.

I agree that the Wright signing was awful.

We should have kept Lieber and kept El Duque, then our rotation would have been this:

RJ-Mussina-Pavano-Lieber-Duque

That would have been a great rotation.

Our offense deserves some blame as well. Only two runs against Chan Ho Park? Pathetic.

[censored]
04-23-2005, 07:03 PM
My only problem with the Pavano signing is that it seemed to come at the expense of Lieber and Hernandez. Pavano < Lieber + Hernandez. I don't care how much the Yankees spend but I would like them to do it wisely.

I am completely baffled by the Wright signing. I had not followed him at all and just assumed that he was a proven but young pitcher. And then I looked at his career numbers.

Dead
04-23-2005, 07:06 PM
Wright had one good year. He has battled injuries all his career. I know that Brown has a huge contract, but we just can't send him out there every 5th day to get the [censored] kicked out of him. We need one more solid reliever, one more solid starter(if not Sturtze, then someone else), and a solid defensive CF(Cameron would be great).

Los Feliz Slim
04-23-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lowe? ehhh......

i love the guy, but he is a little 'soft' imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lowe would never in a million years be able to handle pitching in NYC.

Wright got booed off the mound as he left when he was CLEARLY injured. Reeeeaaaaal classy, Yankee fans. When the YES Network commentators are making negative comments about the Yankee fans AND the boss, you know that all is not right in the Bronx.

Which is, of course, awesome.

mostsmooth
04-23-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lowe? ehhh......

i love the gyuy, but he is a little 'soft' imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would easily take him over Wright who has had exactly 1 good season, which just happened to be his free agent year.

[/ QUOTE ]
and lowe has piled up so many good seasons as a starter
(but id rather have lowe anyway)

sublime
04-23-2005, 07:50 PM
I am completely baffled by the Wright signing

welcome to the rest of baseball nation.

i am sick at how much larger the NYY payroll is than the NEXT team. not that boston is any better, but at least they are not SOOOO far ahead of the next team.

sublime
04-23-2005, 07:53 PM
and lowe has piled up so many good seasons as a starter

well, he had one great one. one 'ok' one and one awful one. you also cant discount his bullpen years. hes an 'ok' pitcher.

Voltron87
04-23-2005, 07:57 PM
Lowe would not have been a good signing for NYY. Lieber would have, El Duque is meh. I can sort of understand getting wright since he's young, but i duno.

tbach24
04-23-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Yankees could have also kept Hernandez for 3.5 million, currently 2-1, 2.50 ERA.

[/ QUOTE ]

And a WHIP of 1.9

Dead
04-23-2005, 07:59 PM
Wright has had one good year in his career.

Lieber pitched great in the media lights of NY last year. Letting his option go, in order to try and get him on the open market, was one of the many stupid decisions of Cashman/Steinbrenner.

Dead
04-23-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And a WHIP of 1.9

[/ QUOTE ]

1.6 . Wright's is 2.3. And that's not even counting today.

Remarkably, Wright's ERA actually dropped after his start today, to the mid 9s. That's how bad his previous 3 were.

mostsmooth
04-23-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am completely baffled by the Wright signing

welcome to the rest of baseball nation.

i am sick at how much larger the NYY payroll is than the NEXT team. not that boston is any better, but at least they are not SOOOO far ahead of the next team.

[/ QUOTE ]
the yankees are overpaying for a bunch of average at best players. i dont know why people are so obsessed with the yanks payroll as if it isnt fair. if the yanks had the same players and paid them $400,000,000, would they be winning more games? if they paid these same guys $100,000, would they win less?
the yankees arent head and shoulders above the sox, and a bunch of other teams talent wise. especially in the most important area.
if the yanks were paying these guys what they are worth , the payroll would be about 95mil.
theres not one player on the yankees getting paid accroding to his value, every one of them is way overpaid. jeter 18mil? cmon
brown and wright should be in jail for the money they are taking.

sublime
04-23-2005, 08:09 PM
i agree with your post, i guess i am just annoyed at how easily they can cover up the mistakes they make. they have like three or four 'franchise busting' contracts on thier payroll (probably not including the arod deal, which IMO is awful also)

Voltron87
04-23-2005, 08:20 PM
When we won 4/5 then those complaints about the Yankees being too rich were a little more valid. Deals are relative, when you have as many fans as the Yankees you will have more money to spend. It's obviously not that simple, but I think everyone complaining about how it is ruining the sport is not really warranted when the Yankees haven't been winning every year.

istewart
04-23-2005, 08:22 PM
Meh, complaints about the Yankees ruining the sport are gay, especially when Yankees/Sox ratings are wowowow.

Voltron87
04-23-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Meh, complaints about the Yankees ruining the sport are gay, especially when Yankees/Sox ratings are wowowow.

[/ QUOTE ]

that too.

sublime
04-23-2005, 08:32 PM
i didnt say ruining, as a matter of fact baseball is stronger than in recent memory (pre strike anyways)

its the margin of error that is aggravating. if matt clement turned (turns) out to be god awful, then the sox chances of reaching the playoffs are slahed by a huge % (not just this season but for the next few). for the yanks, its just a minor bump that can be corrected during the offseason.

Voltron87
04-23-2005, 08:41 PM
Come on, there are teams who can complain about being "shortstacked" but Boston is not one of them.

sublime
04-23-2005, 08:43 PM
did you read any of my posts? i am not complaining about the red sox financial state. i am complaining about the yankees.

Dead
04-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Sublime has penis envy.

Voltron87
04-23-2005, 08:46 PM
I do see your point, if you had said "insert small market team here" instead of the 2nd biggest I wouldn't have had a problem.

craig r
04-23-2005, 08:58 PM
well, Sublime, maybe you should have said:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sublime
04-23-2005, 09:01 PM
yeah, it obv sucks more for the royals than the sox. however, there are numerous mistakes that the yanks have made that even the sox could not have absorbed.

the gap between the the NYY and the sox is like 85m. the gap between the sox and mets is 22m. i dont even have to mention that the gap alone between #1 and #2 is large enough to cover 20 MLB teams payroll.

imo, the yankees are a joke.

Dead
04-23-2005, 09:02 PM
Jealousy.

Penis envy.

Tsk tsk.

sublime
04-23-2005, 09:03 PM
yeah, i probably should have worder it like that. but now that i have the payrolls up in front of me, i feel like it doeenty even matter.

MLB payrolls (http://www.onestopbaseball.com/TeamPayroll.asp)

sublime
04-23-2005, 09:05 PM
Jealousy.

of what? the sox have a better team.

Penis envy.

eh?

back to the ignore list for you. you still make no sense.

Voltron87
04-23-2005, 09:07 PM
blah blah blah biggest market most revenue most fans et cetera, your arguement falls apart since baseball is so competitive right now.

Dead
04-23-2005, 09:09 PM
I don't care if you have me on ignore.

I still respond to you so other people can read them.

Your argument sounds like the USSR bitching about the United States during the 80s.

sublime
04-23-2005, 09:10 PM
how does it fall apart? again, for the 3rd time, i dont think the NYY are BAD for baseball. i just think they are a joke. they spend 3x as much monsy as some teams year in and year out. make mistakes that would deystroy most teams. even take on mistakes that almost deystoyed other teams (arond) and still cant claim to be the best. (and havent been since 2000)

so again. they are a joke /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Voltron87
04-23-2005, 09:15 PM
So you're saying we should be better than we are right now with 200 mil? Fair enough. The general agrees.

I thought you were in full yankee hater mode, evil empire yarghhhh baseball is no fair etc.

sublime
04-24-2005, 03:22 AM
So you're saying we should be better than we are right now with 200 mil? Fair enough. The general agrees.

of course they should be better. i dunno, i just find it funny that they even employ a general manager. i mean, what for? what decisions are actually made by him? whats the point of a talent evaluator, if you just buy anything/everything you want? whats the last schrewd move/bargain the yankess made/got? i really cant think of any.

[censored]
04-24-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[i] whats the last schrewd move/bargain the yankess made/got? i really cant think of any.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the time trading for Jeff Weaver certainly qualified.

Signing Matsui was considered a risk which has worked out.

A question for you? Why should the Yankees concern themselves with trying to make schrewd, which have more uncertainty, when they do not need to do so to win?

sublime
04-24-2005, 03:40 AM
At the time trading for Jeff Weaver certainly qualified.

it was a disaster.

Signing Matsui was considered a risk which has worked out.

they outbid everyone else involved. like they always do.

A question for you? Why should the Yankees concern themselves with trying to make schrewd, which have more uncertainty, when they do not need to do so to win?

anything 'creative' would qualify.