PDA

View Full Version : He said, "Look me in the eye."

11-10-2002, 09:56 PM
Just wanted to share a story from last night. This guy sitting 2 from my left was drinking pretty heavily and losing pretty heavily too. We went head-up 4 times in the course of the evening. Each time he would say, "Look me in the eye so I can tell if your bluffing." I'd just stare blankly ahead as usual. One time, I even turned my back on him and watched the football game on the t.v. in the upper corner. Or course, I wasn't bluffing, and had him figured out on each hand thanks to his thousand-and-one tells. Caro would have a field day on this guy. Anyway, he would fold each time. The final time we were head-up, he said it again, "Look me in the eye." This time, I turned, looked at him straight in the eye, and grinned from ear-to-ear. He said, "Now I gotcha, you're bluffing." He called, I showed, he mucked. I love this game.

bernie
11-11-2002, 12:01 AM
tell him you would, but his underwear is blocking the color of his iris.

Fitz
11-11-2002, 04:33 PM
This reminds me of what I used to do in home games years ago. I'd often get to a showdown with one of my buddies and know I had the nuts. I'd just tell them I had it; bet out, and I still got called 3/4 of the time.

I ought to look those guys up; they all have good jobs now, and I'm sure they aren't much better poker players... lol.

Good Luck All,