PDA

View Full Version : AQo SB vs BB Confrontation

MarkD
04-23-2005, 04:41 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.
<font color="blue"> I most likely have the best hand and I'm probably going to showdown so let's put some bets in. </font>

Flop: (8 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.
<font color="blue"> Given my opponent's pre-flop play that's a bad flop but I have to bet here and I will judge my hand by opponent's reaction to that bet. The flop is very co-ordianted and the king is a bad card for me here.</font>

Turn: (6 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.
<font color="blue"> Well, I thought about the flush possibility on the flop and I was going to make a play for the pot on the turn if a spade did not come. A spade came so I'm out. </font>

Final Pot: 7 BB

mperich
04-23-2005, 04:55 PM
I checkfold turn unless a J or A come out probably.
Sure AQ is a good hand in the BoB, but this board is just too ugly to make a play at or showdown on.

-Mike

Michael Davis
04-23-2005, 04:59 PM
I don't like your plan of making a play at the pot if a spade doesn't come. Your hand might be worth a call but expecting your opponent to fold anything that you beat is wishful.

-Michael

MarkD
04-23-2005, 05:03 PM
By making a play I meant that I was probably going to bet out on the turn.

But I think you are right that it is a bad idea.

I thought this hand was more debatable then I guess it is since two out of two people agree with my play.

Michael Davis
04-23-2005, 05:10 PM
Another way to play this hand is to just call the PF threebet and checkraise most flops. I do this a lot when I'm in the BB and have a good hand against a stealraise. Often I don't checkraise if I actually hit something, but I don't expect anyone to notice this ever, not online.

I freely admit that this strategy is generally against the advice of many top 2+2ers who threebet much more often than me.

-Michael