PDA

View Full Version : Blind Steal gone Bad

mojobluesman
04-23-2005, 03:11 PM
This is probably a very basic question, but I am a beginner. Anything wrong here?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4 BB

Aaron W.
04-23-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is probably a very basic question, but I am a beginner. Anything wrong here?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on your read of BB. If he's willing to call the flop bet with nothing, lead again on the turn. Otherwise, check-folding the turn is fine because you're probably beat (especially with 3 broadway cards on the board).

brazilio
04-23-2005, 03:30 PM
I'm betting that turn. If he calls the turn I'm willing to check/fold, but calling the flop regardless and dumping on the turn isn't uncommon at all.

aK13
04-23-2005, 04:13 PM
I like a bet here on the turn. I think you have decent fold equity combined with your 3 aces + 4 Ts + 2 5s to pick this pot.

MrEngenic
04-23-2005, 05:11 PM
You have to bet the turn! Many people call with anything on the flop to slow you down but fold for the turn bet. You have a pair and have 5 outs to two pair or trips so you have outs if you are behind. Semibluff bet

MrWookie47
04-23-2005, 05:26 PM
I've been having some difficulty with stealing out of the SB too, lately. Some of my difficulty has been loosey-gooseys in the BB (crappy seat selection), and some of it has been getting beaten with the heavy, spiked end of the variance stick, but I also think some of it is poor play. How would you play this had hero not caught anything on the flop and was fighting with A high? OOP this is a very tough spot, but I don't think you can just give up, then, either.

aK13
04-23-2005, 07:22 PM
I still bet the turn. BB is likely defending with garbage. This broadway board has to be scarier for him than for you.

xenthebrain
04-24-2005, 08:03 AM
looks fine, don't spew more chips on this one with three big cards on board

DavidC
04-24-2005, 08:43 AM
You're OOP here, which sucks. You pretty much have to keep betting if you're going to win the pot, which could get expensive, so I think this line is okay.

--Dave.

USDaniels
04-24-2005, 10:24 AM
Disclaimer: This is my first post ever, so take it with at least one grain of salt (preferably more).

With 9 outs, shouldn't Hero be getting 4.1 or greater? It's borderline at 4 and if Villian is holding an A then the 10's and A's are seriously devalued. I think the fold on the turn is good, especially OOP.

HajiShirazu
04-24-2005, 11:21 AM
I think you give up too much if you don't bet the turn here. A lot of players will always call the flop, hoping to pair up or hoping you'll give up on the turn. Here you have a pair and a draw on a scary board, plus there are reasonable draws that your opponent could have called with, so I don't think you should just give up.