PDA

View Full Version : ever play mediocre poker?

"spaceman"Bryce
04-23-2005, 10:57 AM
In mediocre poker the most mediocre hand wins.It is set up like holdem.For instance lets say you have
10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
player two has
a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
player three has
k /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

the flop comes

A /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

you would have the most mediocre hand with middle pair.but whats this the turn comes A /images/graemlins/heart.gif AND the river king /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Now you have a flush and the guy with two pair gets the most mediocre hand!

Some of the best mediocre starting hands:
q10 os
A7 os
j2 s

GL

handsome
04-23-2005, 03:10 PM
ROFL!!!!

WHATTTTTT
THEEEEEEEEE
FREAKKKKK?!??????????

LOL

Phat Mack
04-23-2005, 06:13 PM
I've played "2nd Best," where the second-best hand wins. It's played cards-speak. At the showdown, each player's hand is evaluated for it's best possibility, and second-place wins the pot. Sounds the same.

There are some interesting plays trying to get the pot down to two players when you have a lock low. Multi-way pots can be treachorous. I've only played it NL Hold 'em, but I imagine other games would be interesting. I've often wondered what a 2nd Best omaha game would be like...

beset7
04-23-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I've often wondered what a 2nd Best omaha game would be like...

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. Probably a little something like root canal while high on LSD.

"spaceman"Bryce
04-24-2005, 03:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I've often wondered what a 2nd Best omaha game would be like...

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. Probably a little something like root canal while high on LSD.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow that sounds bad?

blank frank
04-24-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In mediocre poker the most mediocre hand wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do if you have an even number of players in at the showdown? Do the two middle hands split?

Say you have full house aces, full house kings, flush hearts, and three aces. Do the flush and full house kings split the pot, does the full house kings get it because it's higher than the other middle hand, does the flush get it because it's closer to the middle of full house aces and three kings, or does something else happen?

"spaceman"Bryce
04-24-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In mediocre poker the most mediocre hand wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do if you have an even number of players in at the showdown? Do the two middle hands split?

Say you have full house aces, full house kings, flush hearts, and three aces. Do the flush and full house kings split the pot, does the full house kings get it because it's higher than the other middle hand, does the flush get it because it's closer to the middle of full house aces and three kings, or does something else happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Blank and to the other posters. First off i was not awre of second best hand wins rules.I thought it was obvious this was a fake game. I made it up and it was a stupid joke.However in my game, you would have to argue in those situations until you came to a consesus of which hand was more mediocre. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif I didnt think anyone would actually think this is a real game.

beset7
04-24-2005, 11:05 PM
2nd best IS a real game /images/graemlins/grin.gif You are funny spaceman.

Phat Mack
04-25-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was obvious this was a fake game. I made it up and it was a stupid joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of my stupid jokes turn out to be my best ideas. Unfortunately, most of my best ideas turn out to be stupid jokes. Sigh.

Edit: Actually, I thought you post WAS a joke until I read the hand analysis and realized: "Hey, I've played that game."