PDA

View Full Version : Pokerroom questions

barongreenback
04-23-2005, 09:11 AM
I've just started playing at Pokerroom. There's a lot I like about the site but there a few negatives I was wondering about.

1. I multitable with overlap. Sometimes I can't easily bring a table to the front when it's my turn to act. Not had this problem anywhere else.
2. My computer seems to be under a greater load here than anywhere else. May be my imagination.
3. Mucked hole cards don't show up in HH as they do everywhere else I've played (thinking about it maybe not at pacific)
4. Its not as easy to turn off auto post blinds at the table as elsewhere when I want to quit after the current orbit.

Also does PV work ok here and what are the NL tables($1 or $2) like?

Thanks,
James

Joe Taylor
04-23-2005, 09:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1. I multitable with overlap. Sometimes I can't easily bring a table to the front when it's my turn to act. Not had this problem anywhere else.
2. My computer seems to be under a greater load here than anywhere else. May be my imagination.

[/ QUOTE ]

Their software is a bit more resource intensive than Party and a few other places, so the slowdowns aren't that uncommon. I've had the same issue with the overlapping tables, but I can't tell you how to fix it - I bought a new monitor so I don't have overlap anymore.

[ QUOTE ]
3. Mucked hole cards don't show up in HH as they do everywhere else I've played (thinking about it maybe not at pacific)

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason the automatic hand histories on the hard drive don't have them - but if you go to the website, you can get hand histories there as well. Enter the game# and you will see the mucked cards there. A little bit of a pain, but at least you can get the info when it is important to know.

[ QUOTE ]
4. Its not as easy to turn off auto post blinds at the table as elsewhere when I want to quit after the current orbit.

[/ QUOTE ]

By FAR my biggest complaint with PR... having to right-click on your name and uncheck "Auto-post blinds" is a pain, and the fact that there is no "sit out next hand" function is really irritating. If you sit out at ANY point during a hand, you don't get credited any player points for the hand. Annoying software design, really annoying.

[ QUOTE ]
Also does PV work ok here and what are the NL tables($1 or $2) like?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, PV doesn't work (only @ Party), although you could try GameTime+ which does work (but read their forums, as getting GT+ working with PokerRoom takes a little effort). Have no idea on the NL tables, as I'm a limit player.

Jeffage
04-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Click on the hand number in the upper left of screeen to get the last hand history immediate complete with mucked holecards.

To sit out next hand, just click "Sit Out" on the bottom left and it will automatically sit you out when the next hand starts.

Jeff

barongreenback
04-23-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but if you go to the website, you can get hand histories there as well. Enter the game# and you will see the mucked cards there

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't know this.
[ QUOTE ]
If you sit out at ANY point during a hand, you don't get credited any player points for the hand

[/ QUOTE ]
Or this. Thanks for the detailed response.

barongreenback
04-23-2005, 01:57 PM
Also I don't trust game stats in the lobby. I noticed this at Pacific as well. I played 50 hands where 22% saw the flop but looking at the lobby at the end it said 40%. The numbers must be over a long time frame. Would bother me less if I knew how they were calculated. Paradise, for example, states that their numbers are the last 20 hands.