PDA

View Full Version : need help

Limpn2win
04-23-2005, 08:13 AM
Greetings all. New here. I had been screwing around on Party Poker for a few years. I wasn't serious and never kept track of anything. I played for fun. But lately ive made a concerted effort to win money. I decided to single out one thing and improve on it. I chose single table tourneys. I have been playing exclusively 10+1 limit games (although I have mixed it up between holdem and omaha hi/lo --im trying to quit omaha, but its hard too). Steadily I have improved, and so has my bankroll. I had focus, diligence, direction. Until I come across this pokerprophecy tool. On a whim I decide to do a search on myself. And lo and behold -- I'm a PRO!?!? Well this bit of propaganda is becoming damaging to my psyche. I prefer the underdog role, the me vs. the world attitude. I'm supposed to be struggling here. So im inviting everyone to cut me back down to size. Put me in my place. 'Cause I cant afford to start slacking now. Besides, do I really want opponents looking me up and seeing that? Curse you pokerprophecy.

thanks in advance,
Limpn2win.

ps. I usually play in the am.

Big Limpin'
04-23-2005, 08:23 AM
Anyone called Limpn is A-ok im my books.

Patriarch
04-23-2005, 08:57 AM
Yes, I've played with you a few times. FWIW if you have any kind of decent ITM it ranks you as a pro, so you probably aren't that special.

Limpn2win
04-23-2005, 09:08 AM
Now thats what i need to hear! Keep it coming.

BTW...how did we fare vs each other Patriarch? If you dont mind my asking. I'm sorry I dont remember the occasions.

Page Jacobson
04-23-2005, 09:28 AM
You got me curious about pokerprophecy so I went and did a free search on myself. They had me at 53.74% wins. I keep my own stats and I'm not even close to 53% ITM.

I don't think I'd put much stock in pokerprophecy.

Patriarch
04-23-2005, 09:29 AM
Well you're a winning player in my database, only got 3 tournamnts logged with you though. You wouldn't know me, I have a strange screen name, don't play a lot of hands and usually have chat turned off so I don't get remembered much.

Freudian
04-23-2005, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You got me curious about pokerprophecy so I went and did a free search on myself. They had me at 53.74% wins. I keep my own stats and I'm not even close to 53% ITM.

I don't think I'd put much stock in pokerprophecy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could always hope your opponents do.

Apathy
04-23-2005, 09:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Besides, do I really want opponents looking me up and seeing that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lesson #1 Yes, you do. I'll let you think about why.

Patriarch
04-23-2005, 09:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lesson #1 Yes you do, and it's not even close. Do you see why?.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP.

Limpn2win
04-23-2005, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lesson #1 Yes you do, and it's not even close. Do you see why?.

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been thinking about it. i put together a short list of pros and cons. i cant get around the con of being avoided if deemed too competetive. but im still learning, so...

Patriarch
04-23-2005, 10:46 AM
Pro: Decent players might avoid sitting at your table if they find that you're rated as a 'pro' on PokProph.

Rebuttal: Good players don't pay too much attention to PokProph because it's inaccurate. They pay more attention to their own knowledge/stats on you.

That said, I don't think you have to worry about fish avoiding you because they've looked you up and think you're too competitive. a) they don't open a table, look up the players and THEN sit down based on the stats. IF they do it at, they do it after they've sat and it's too late to escape. b) real fish probably use up their 5 free searches on themselves and DoyleBruson, PhillHellmuth, DanielNegeanu, SexTitsAss and TeddyKGBRoundersGO!