PDA

View Full Version : Limping with about 10bbs

bennies
04-23-2005, 06:16 AM
Hello everyone on this beautiful saturday morning!

I have been reading this forum for as long as I have played online, about 4 months. In this time I have played about 1200 SNG's and I am now at a point where I feel I make a decent profit. The posters on this forum have contributed a lot to my learning process. (Many aspects of my game have been refined to the special logic of the Sng's, tightening up early, pushing with any two at the right time later etc etc) I could mention your names but then I would surely be forgetting someone, the list seems endless, let me just say many many thanks to you all for your knowledge, humor and helpfulness.

Lately I've thought about adding something to my game on level 4 and 5 (I play the Party 22's, usually 3-tabling). Often I find myself with only two moves here, folding or pushing (except for the occasional slowplay with AA or KK).

I wonder if there are not other options, particularly in a situation where myself or the fella on Big Blind have 7-13bbs. Is limping (or min-raising) a good option? Maybe only from late position?

Basically, with limping, I'm afraid of sending out the signal that I will fold to a reraise.

To take an example, I could be in CO with A8o, KQo or 9Ts, it's folded to me, I have 1000 chips and so does BB with the blinds at 50 and 100. Fold, limp, raise???

Thanks for your time,
later...

lorinda
04-23-2005, 06:27 AM
Your example is a spot that many here will find difficult (myself included), although they may not all admit it.

The answer is that you should pay as much attention as possible to the people on either side of you.

The only way to answer what you should do here is to know how the big blind will respond.

If he's painfully tight, maybe you could miniraise. If he's a calling station, maybe you could limp and push if you hit the flop. If he's a maniac, you should probably push the A8 and KQ but fold the 9T.

There is no simple answer for what you should always do in this spot.

Lori

Freudian
04-23-2005, 06:38 AM
A minraise is much better than a limp in your example. As is a fold. But if you are going to play in this stage always give the opponent the chance to fold the dead money to you.

Besides, if you are the limping type by level 4+, you will have people pushing all in constantly. Your limp just became some extra dead money.

Blarg
04-23-2005, 06:41 AM
You could also be sending out a signal that you're trying to trap.

Limpn2win
04-23-2005, 06:47 AM
was this NL or Limit?

bennies
04-23-2005, 07:39 AM
it's no limit