PDA

View Full Version : $10+1: 6-handed, UTG with 7.5BBs and 99

spentrent
04-23-2005, 05:58 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t1690)
BB (t1800)
Hero (t1540)
MP (t910)
CO (t970)
Button (t1090)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.

Phil Van Sexton
04-23-2005, 08:31 AM
I think you know the answer already. You aren't going to fold into the money with 6 players left.

ewing55
04-23-2005, 12:30 PM
eastbay's SnG Power Tools "the Pushometer" says push! The looser the "callers" the better. (Manic = +2% $EV, Tighties = +1.1% $EV)

-----------Jeff

spentrent
04-23-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
eastbay's SnG Power Tools "the Pushometer" says push! The looser the "callers" the better. (Manic = +2% $EV, Tighties = +1.1% $EV)

-----------Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

When I see something like "Manic = +2% $EV" I think to myself "2% at BEST? That feels kinda marginal."

Is it worth doing some math to see figure out the probability of being in a better spot to push as the button spins around again? By better I mean a higher $EV%.

In this case I'd intuitively think no -- unless I get a weakie to open limp in the SB next hand -- since my stack is shrinking.

I like PVS's statement because it reinforces the "GRRRRR AGGGGGRESSION" feeling without having to think too hard.

lastchance
04-23-2005, 05:04 PM
Umm.... Yeah, 2% is a lot. Pooosh. And the equity you have while folding also includes finding a better spot to push, unless you're at a table of weak-tight players.

Phil Van Sexton
04-23-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I see something like "Manic = +2% $EV" I think to myself "2% at BEST? That feels kinda marginal."

[/ QUOTE ]

2% is huge. You aren't going to do much better than that.

I'd say marginal is less than 0.5%. This is 4 times more than that.

Bigwig
04-23-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-----------Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it worth doing some math to see figure out the probability of being in a better spot to push as the button spins around again? By better I mean a higher $EV%.

In this case I'd intuitively think no -- unless I get a weakie to open limp in the SB next hand -- since my stack is shrinking.

I like PVS's statement because it reinforces the "GRRRRR AGGGGGRESSION" feeling without having to think too hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember, that's 2% of $EV, not pot equity. So if it's a $50, 2% of the prize pool is $20. That's pretty good.

spentrent
04-23-2005, 09:24 PM
Thanks for helping me understand this folks!