PDA

View Full Version : Replacement sons.....

wacki
04-23-2005, 05:42 AM
Tonight, I went over to my friend Jeff's (Sexual Darwinism guy) house. He is a frat guy (the good kind) and tonight was dad's night. They were playing beer pong. It was one dad and one son vs. another dad/son combo. One of the dads was really cool but his son decided to leave because a playstation 2 game was way more important. The dad drove three hours and the kid decided his PS2 was more important!!! So I was the replacement son for the night. He was a really cool guy. It sucks his son was so lame. This is the third time this month somebody else's parents have shown me more love then their own child. (for one reason or another) There is something seriosly wrong with that. I'm not sure what the lesson is to be learned, but I hope my kids aren't like that.

-drunk wacki

Victor
04-23-2005, 05:55 AM
i hate my dad. but i always spend time with him or help him when he needs it. he does likewise.

Lazymeatball
04-23-2005, 06:17 AM
If I'm still playing beer pong with frat guys by the time I have a son old enough to do the same I will shoot myself.

DBowling
04-23-2005, 06:50 AM
im gonna make sure i give my dad a hug next time i see him

wacki
04-23-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I'm still playing beer pong with frat guys by the time I have a son old enough to do the same I will shoot myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dad's night rocks. Almost everybody's dad was there. If you don't hang out with your child in a similar way, then you are missing out.

wacki
04-23-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i hate my dad. but i always spend time with him or help him when he needs it. he does likewise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you hate your dad? Is he a dick to you? These love/hate relationships are important to learn from and not repeat.

Uglyowl
04-23-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Why do you hate your dad?

[/ QUOTE ]

For naming him Victor

Victor
04-23-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is he a dick to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

hes always been very good to me, but not so good to my mom.

DavidC
04-23-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For naming him Victor

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey! I want to name my future son Victor. There isn't a stronger name than Victor.

peachy
04-23-2005, 05:32 PM
there is nothing wrong with any of them...its just human nature...same reason at given points throughout life people r like whoa ur parents r super cool...and ur like WTF kinda crack r u on!!

Its someone they r used to...someone they have spent years with...same situation with parent child later switches over to spouses that have been together for a long time which often leads to cheating or just a need to do other hobbies and then the other feels hurt b/c of less time spent with them etc etc

tripdad
04-23-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For naming him Victor

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey! I want to name my future son Victor. There isn't a stronger name than Victor.

[/ QUOTE ]

why not just call him "Winner"?

cheers!

kerssens
04-23-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there is nothing wrong with any of them...its just human nature...same reason at given points throughout life people r like whoa ur parents r super cool...and ur like WTF kinda crack r u on!!

Its someone they r used to...someone they have spent years with...same situation with parent child later switches over to spouses that have been together for a long time which often leads to cheating or just a need to do other hobbies and then the other feels hurt b/c of less time spent with them etc etc

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind shorthand and I'm not ripping or hating on your about it but that took me about a minute to read and understand what you were saying.

bort411
04-23-2005, 05:58 PM
What PS2 game?

peachy
04-23-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What PS2 game?

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahah

wacki
04-23-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What PS2 game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno, but it's the first time the kids dad had been down all year and he left to play playstation. Thats all I know. He didn't even have to talk to his dad, he could of talked to his friends and been his dads partner in beer pong. That's why I thought it was sad. The dad could of been an [censored] though. You never know.

DavidC
04-23-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For naming him Victor

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

Winner isn't a Legacy/Dynasty name, but it has a certain charm. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DavidC
04-23-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What PS2 game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno, but it's the first time the kids dad had been down all year and he left to play playstation. Thats all I know. He didn't even have to talk to his dad, he could of talked to his friends and been his dads partner in beer pong. That's why I thought it was sad. The dad could of been an [censored] though. You never know.

[/ QUOTE ]

One way of dealing with stress is avoidance (my way). Hence, why I'm typing on here instead of bashing the snot out of NLHE $25.

When I was in college, and wasn't doing too well, I didn't want to spend too much time with my parents.

--Dave.

Edit: What I'm trying to say isn't that it's good to avoid your parents, because in most cases it isn't, but it's hard to say what the cause of this is. It's more like something that's sad than something that shows that the son is being a prick or something along those lines.

--Dave.

Lazymeatball
04-24-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dad's night rocks. Almost everybody's dad was there. If you don't hang out with your child in a similar way, then you are missing out.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem wasn't hanging out with your son, the problem was hanging out at a frat playing beer pong when you're over 40.

Blarg
04-24-2005, 07:27 PM
The thing is, sometimes it's easy to mistake where the blame lies, or to put it all in one place when it should be spread around.

Sometimes you just get a wild seed or something, but mostly, if you want to understand why a kid is behaving badly, you have to look no further than this parents.

Not that it's fashionable to ever take blame for anything anymore, of course. But sometimes I seriously have to stifle a laugh or a mean grin when I hear people I think of as pretty crummy in real life wonder why their kids have gone so wrong. It's like it's obvious to everyone in the room except them.

Blarg
04-24-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For naming him Victor

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

How about calling him +EV?

tbach24
04-24-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

every aspect of this post made me laugh

ThaSaltCracka
04-24-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind shorthand and I'm not ripping or hating on your about it but that took me about a minute to read and understand what you were saying.

[/ QUOTE ]word. What the hell is with girls and typing like this? All it does is help reinforce the notion that women are stupid.

Blarg
04-24-2005, 07:33 PM
Yeah, it's impossible to judge without having deep insight into the family, which you're pretty much guaranteed not to have, even if you feel you have really deep insight about just one of its members, which you probably wouldn't.

It's a little unsettling sometimes, but there are definitely things in life that we bump into that we can't understand or do anything about. It may not be all that natural to want to admit defeat or confusion in the face of "people problems," but those are damn complicated problems, and sometimes we're just not equipped for them or don't know and will never know what's going on with them. Leaping to conclusions or poking our noses in always carries a certain danger and arrogance with it.

Blarg
04-24-2005, 07:40 PM
I gave up on the damn thing. Peachy's writing is becoming incomprehensible. Clarity is always better than being oh so hip.

ThaSaltCracka
04-24-2005, 07:45 PM
its not even a hip thing, its something that I have started to see more and more out of women 14-30. I think it may have something to do with AIM, text messaging, and e-mails, and because women talk so much, they constantly use this bad habits. Thus, women are speeding up the decline of the english language and our society as a whole. America was so much better when all they did was have babies and baked pies.

wacki
04-24-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
America was so much better when all they did was have babies and baked pies.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://images.southparkstudios.com/img/election/cartman.gif

Blarg
04-24-2005, 07:53 PM
Once we let them vote, we knew it was just a matter of time till everything went all to hell anyway.

wacki
04-24-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I gave up on the damn thing. Peachy's writing is becoming incomprehensible.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of many reasons she went on my ignore list.

ThaSaltCracka
04-24-2005, 08:00 PM
yeah, as for your OP, I agree, that son is a douche bag. I hear all this blah blah blah about we don't know the whole story. Well here is one thing we know. The father drove 3 hours to get there. That means to me the father wants to see his son. His son doesn't realize that, and thats a shame, so IMO the son is a douche, and I am willing to bet his sons actions really bothered and saddened his father.

wacki
04-24-2005, 08:03 PM
Agreed, it's been a while since I've talked to you, where have you been? What have you been up to?

Blarg
04-24-2005, 08:14 PM
Three hours is a pretty meaningless span of time compared to the son's whole lifetime. We have no idea how much of a good guy the father is, nor how much of a bad guy the son is -- if at all, either way.

I grew up around a lot of abused kids, sexually and otherwise, so to me it's not hard at all to see why some kids want to stay away from their parents, even if those parents are making outward publicly friendly gestures. A lot of very nasty, even sick people are very nice people in public. Knowing the back story to so many terrible tragedies, I'm a little cautious about jumping to conclusions, especially if I'm going to start swinging them around like a weapon to hurt someone else with. That's the last thing a lot of situations need.

Discretion is the better part of valor, and all.

ThaSaltCracka
04-24-2005, 08:29 PM
I have been working a lot lately, in a local without a computer. Just been doing a lot of the same old [censored], playing some poker, trying to get situated down here in Portland. What the hell have you been up to?

eric5148
04-24-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd shoot myself if I ever had kids.

DavidC
04-24-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it's impossible to judge without having deep insight into the family, which you're pretty much guaranteed not to have, even if you feel you have really deep insight about just one of its members, which you probably wouldn't.

It's a little unsettling sometimes, but there are definitely things in life that we bump into that we can't understand or do anything about. It may not be all that natural to want to admit defeat or confusion in the face of "people problems," but those are damn complicated problems, and sometimes we're just not equipped for them or don't know and will never know what's going on with them. Leaping to conclusions or poking our noses in always carries a certain danger and arrogance with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That being said, being "replacement son" for a night is definitely cool (stating the obvious here).

--Dave.

JaBlue
04-24-2005, 10:41 PM
the son is an [censored] end of story

Blarg
04-24-2005, 11:29 PM
Yeah that was cool that he gave the dad someone to hang with.