PDA

View Full Version : 1K 2K hand vs several pros

somethingstupid
04-23-2005, 02:46 AM
I'm in the CO at a tough 1K 2K game last week. Dan Negreanu open raises UTG. The field folds to me, and I call in the CO without looking at my cards because I'm sure I can outplay my opponents post flop. Folds around to Helmuth in the big blind who 3 bets. Negreanu calls and when it gets back to me, I look both my opponents in the eye and cap.

Dan and Phil both fold.

My play, brilliant in your opinion?

istewart
04-23-2005, 02:47 AM
Yes.

yaomama
04-23-2005, 02:48 AM

somethingstupid
04-23-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Were you wearing sunglasses at the time? If so, what kind? Is that what got them to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you are an idiot who is new to poker. I was not only wearing sunglasses but also a hooded sweatshirt. Now you might be thinking, "How could you look them in the eyes if you were wearing sunglasses?" My response? Shut up you douchebag, I am a millionare who is the best poker player in the world. And I am lonely.

Sponger15SB
04-23-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My response? Shut up you douchebag, I am a millionare who is the best poker player in the world. And I am lonely.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD

But the OP is the WPOTD, really weak effort.

SippinSoma
04-23-2005, 02:59 AM
I want to look into people's souls just like you can. Too bad I'm a nit.

sublime
04-23-2005, 02:59 AM
and yuo somehow overlooked that you were respoding to a naked man?

A_C_Slater
04-23-2005, 03:00 AM
I understand that you probably knew Negreanu was weak because of a possible miticulating pupil dilation of .0027 millimeters. But how did you get a read on Hellmuth with those sunglasses he always wears? Did you notice his reverted influx chip shuffling?

somethingstupid
04-23-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My response? Shut up you douchebag, I am a millionare who is the best poker player in the world. And I am lonely.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD

But the OP is the WPOTD, really weak effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please stop using acronyms. Because I can't spell that [censored] word 'acronym.' Let us keep this discussion based on the strategy of the hand.

somethingstupid
04-23-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I understand that you probably knew Negreanu was weak because of a possible miticulating pupil dilation of .0027 millimeters. But how did you get a read on Hellmuth with those sunglasses he always wears? Did you notice his reverted influx chip shuffling?

[/ QUOTE ]

You clearly have a lot to learn about poker. Lucky for you, I am willing to teach. Let me ask you a question. Have you ever watched TV before? I was watching ESPN the other day and I noticed that Phil Helmuth was playing. I believe he folded a hand or something like that. This is where I discovered my amazing play on how to make him fold. It involves betting. I call it "The super fantasic bluffmatic-athon ass kick 2005." Let me ask you another question. Can you transfer me $20 at Stars?

A_C_Slater
04-23-2005, 03:34 AM
I find the most reliable tells to be the following, in order of importance:

1. Miticulating pupil dialtion. This is always 100% accurate and it means your opponent is either very weak or very strong. Any dilation of .0021mm thru .0033mm indicates a weak hand and any dilation exceeding .0039mm indicates a monster. The larger the number above the .0039mm event horizon means an even stronger holding. The principles are of course inversely correlated with previous player tendencies and betting patterns.

2. Linguistic inferentialities. Any ocillating reverberative tone of less than 11.8 octaves in voice patterns tends to represent a marginal made hand. Anything exceeding 11.8 octaves and you are listening to a bluff tell. So listen closely when your opponent says "raise."

3. The reverted/inverted chip influx hand tells. Just as in example #2 this is great to use for those tricky players who wear sunglasses, thereby rendering your most reliable tells impotent. Look for counterimposed index/ring finger revolutions. When you notice a clockwise revolution you can be sure that he is holding a monster. Likewise, a counterclockwise revolution means that the man is bluffing. This is an unconscious desire by the bluffer to "turn back the clock" so to speak. It stems from a desire to go back to a more comfortable period in the tournament when he could value bet freely instead of having to resort to dubious bluffing.

I feel that the reason Moneymaker and Fossilman were able to win the last two WSOP is that their opponents did not have enough experience recognizing #2 and #3 type tells. And thus their primary experience in utilizing #1 was rendered useless by their protective eye-wear.

somethingstupid
04-23-2005, 12:46 PM
I'm hung over.

The Stranger
04-23-2005, 12:55 PM
aew you Bill Fillmaff?

somethingstupid
04-23-2005, 12:58 PM
Did you know that "The Stranger" is a euphamism for a somewhat unusual masterbation technique? I'll let others elaborate.

jakethebake
04-23-2005, 01:05 PM
I started to say something about poker content, but then realized there wasn't any.

jakethebake
04-23-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you know that "The Stranger" is a euphamism for a somewhat unusual masterbation technique? I'll let others elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Othere, Please don't.