PDA

View Full Version : table image and meta game concepts

Dommer
04-23-2005, 02:37 AM
Been thinking about table image and the metagame recently, and while I generally do have a good idea of what my table image is and what's going on at the table, I don't do much to modify it or take advantage of it.

I have a very tight table image, and one of the things I've noticed is that when I first join a table, I get action fairly easily. Once I've doubled up once or twice or whatever then my action invariably dies off. People see I'm rarely raising and that I'm showing down very big hands so they tend to respect my bets. At most I'll get a pre-flop call but not much past the flop unless they have a very nice hand. My way around this is to just switch tables often unless there are some very juicy fish that are giving me action.

I also notice that if I get a good run of cards and start raising a lot or if I end up winning with some crap hand I can play off of that the next time I get a big hand, and its easier to get action. But that's not something I try to control, it just happens.

So basically my question is what are some things I can do to play off of my table image? Assume I join a table, win some pots and establish a tight image, what then? Any ideas on metagame considerations would be nice too.

FYI, my starting hand raising requirements are I will raise AA-JJ anywhere, I will also reraise often with those hands (depending on read/player), I'll raise 1010-99 and AQ in late position or sometimes when I'm first into a pot (very rarely raise AQ though), and I'll sometimes raise 66-88 too, but rarely. I basically never vary from that. I'm a 13/3 player.

Thanks for any input, if theres some pertinent detail about my play that I left out let me know.

Dommer

Tuben
04-23-2005, 02:51 AM
I do the same. I change table often .Almost the same for me it is ike the hole table dies when i have played there some min. Evryone checks and only bets the nuts. It is pretty funny /images/graemlins/smile.gif

AncientPC
04-23-2005, 04:44 AM
Steal a lot more pots.

The end.

Malachii
04-23-2005, 05:39 AM
I think open raising in late position with anything respectable is a good, relatively risk free way of stealing pots and creating a looser table image.