PDA

View Full Version : Open Ended Straight Flush Draws

KSqueeble
04-23-2005, 02:02 AM
Just wanted to get some general feedback on the best ways to play these. I find that often time I get stuck in situations where maybe I have K /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif and the flop is 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif Queen/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif and I almost think that because im a relatively statistical favourite to win the hand from this point on, that I should be betting and playing this hand as if I had it on lockdown. Do I have a false sense of security raising and calling down raises without a made hand? Thanks.

KS

DasLeben
04-23-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I find that often time I get stuck in situations

[/ QUOTE ]

You're in these situations a lot? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

KSqueeble
04-23-2005, 02:04 AM
Yes... I get stuck in these situations at least 2-4 times per SnG (which is enough for me to consider it a lot) and its usually a make or break point for me.

tech
04-23-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I get stuck in these situations at least 2-4 times per SnG

[/ QUOTE ]

You are playing WAAAAAAAAAY too many suited connectors and/or calling too much before the flop.

KSqueeble
04-23-2005, 02:10 AM
Do you think I should stick to the 10+1 PP single table bible of not getting involved in a lot of pots in levels 1-4? Either way, regardless of how frequently these situations occur, Im still curious as to what everyone thinks is the best way to play these. Sorry for the slip in verbiage..

lastchance
04-23-2005, 02:14 AM
Get all-in with them. Do a bit of calculation and see how many more raises it takes to you be able to push all-in with your draw.

Check-raise all-in, open all-in, just find ways to get this nice ton of nut out hand in the middle so you can see two cards with folding equity.

And if you do get in these positions 2-4 times per SNG, you really need to fold/push more.

Nottom
04-23-2005, 03:58 AM
If I played all my suited cards, I wouldn't see this spot more than once in a typical tourney.

Bigwig
04-23-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes... I get stuck in these situations at least 2-4 times per SnG (which is enough for me to consider it a lot) and its usually a make or break point for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're posting in a forum with a bunch of SNG junkies. We know this isn't true. Get real.

Big Limpin'
04-23-2005, 04:25 AM
If you can get this in a polyhanded pot, try to build a pot, and make resonable bet sizes.

If you have only one opponent, semi-bluff a big bet, likely allin.

And, no you dont get this 2-4 times a game. IF you're gonna try to bullshit the forum, at least do it about something meaningful, like ROI or penis size.

SNOWBALL138
04-23-2005, 04:36 AM
if the pot is big, push. If its small, call.

KSqueeble
04-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Yes Bip Limpin', it was my intention to deceive people, you got me! Well gee, now that I've been called out on something that I would view as pretty minuscule, I might as well tell some more tall tales. Im 7'2", 625 lbs, and my ROI for today is 92%, down from 95% yesterday....