PDA

View Full Version : Call this river? big pot poll.

A_C_Slater
04-23-2005, 12:54 AM
Paradise Poker $2/4 ---ten handed

UTG calls, 2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 raises, CO folds, button calls, SB fold, You call in BB with 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3 limpers call.

(12 SB)
6 players ---FLOP: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

You check, 4 checks, Button bets, You raise, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls.

(11 BB)
5 players --TURN: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

You bet, 4 callers.

(16BB)
5 players-- RIVER: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

You check (debatable I know, but that is another topic), UTG bets, MP1 raises, MP2 calls, button folds.... Your action... the pot now has 21 BBs in it.

bottomset
04-23-2005, 01:33 AM
reads?

bet the damn river, and I don't know

A_C_Slater
04-23-2005, 01:35 AM
Keep it mind that the intial river bettor is yet to act. You are not closing the action. Sorry, no reads, all unknowns.

milesdyson
04-23-2005, 01:35 AM
We should bet the river first...

A_C_Slater
04-23-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We should bet the river first...

[/ QUOTE ]

Goddammit. Just would you call or not? Jesusssssss......

milesdyson
04-23-2005, 01:41 AM
Yes, I would call, but I'm not putting a vote in the poll because I wouldn't be in that situation to begin with... someone could easily be raising now with their rivered two pair with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif + a pair on the flop.

A_C_Slater
04-23-2005, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I would call, but I'm not putting a vote in the poll because I wouldn't be in that situation to begin with... someone could easily be raising now with their rivered two pair with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif + a pair on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well aren't we pro. Is the river check really that bad on a flush/straight possible board with this many in that coldcalled two bets on the flop?

bottomset
04-23-2005, 01:48 AM
i think its harder to evaluate your hand, after you check .. than if you had just bet out .. if it goes you bet.. and comes back 3bets its prob an easy fold

here you really have no clue where you stand, and don't want to put in more than 2bets here

milesdyson
04-23-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well aren't we pro. Is the river check really that bad on a flush/straight possible board with this many in that coldcalled two bets on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Then check call the turn and check fold the river if you don't fill up. Betting the turn and check calling the river is inconsistent when the only hand that improved to beat you on the river that didn't already have you beaten is QQ.

To me, the flop coldcallers tell me there are probably a lot of high hearts out - that's about it.

A_C_Slater
04-23-2005, 02:27 AM
If that is the case, there are only high hearts out there, then I would only be betting into busted draws.

milesdyson
04-23-2005, 02:32 AM
Nope, because it's very possible someone also has a pair or two with which they will be willing to call your river value bet.

ie. A/images/graemlins/heart.gif7 paired on the turn or Q/images/graemlins/heart.gifT paired the river.

A_C_Slater
04-23-2005, 02:37 AM
Okay, good reasoning. You own me this time.

A_C_Slater
04-23-2005, 02:41 AM
hmmmmm... now that I see 11 votes for call and 1 for reraise (I hope that's a joke) I'm glad to see I didn't make a mistake calling here. My post is probably results oriented in that MP1 hand K /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif (king high flush) but it gets worse than that. After I called UTG 3bets and it comes back to me and I am forced to call this last bet now and UTG shows 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif for the flopped straight flush.

bottomset
04-23-2005, 03:02 AM
omg i am so gonna start limping 43s utg if thats what flops, with that action

A_C_Slater
04-23-2005, 03:09 AM
My intent is not to complain with a bad beat post, but to make sure I didn't make a bad call. The fact that not one, but two people had me beat made me question the call. And yes I will now be limping 43s UTG for life. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

cmwck
04-23-2005, 04:24 AM
Eh, so you got caught in between two players each (probably incorrectly) slowplaying their big hands. It happens ; no way you could have known you were beat.

Wally Weeks
04-23-2005, 04:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hmmmmm... now that I see 11 votes for call and 1 for reraise (I hope that's a joke)

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted for reraise because I thought it was already incorrect to check on the river...why not make it two bad decisions in a row just for fun. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

This is why people should have regular soda with their Big Macs at McDonald's...why bother with diet soda? You shouldn't be eating that crap in the first place.

(Yeah, I know, I'm a smart ass.)

i wanna be me
04-23-2005, 06:21 AM
is this not the easiest call in the world?

milesdyson
04-23-2005, 06:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is this not the easiest call in the world?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.