PDA

View Full Version : Auto-betting getting me in trouble?

Aaron W.
04-23-2005, 12:53 AM
MP3 seems to be a LAG preflop (50/10), and I initially thought her postflop play was straightforward, but after watching her throw in some bets in some marginal spots, I'm beginning to adjust that read.

1) Do you make this raise?
2) How do you play out the rest of the hand?

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

Buckmulligan
04-23-2005, 12:58 AM
Easy raise preflop; that MP3 open limp from an aggro is an easy target with Ax IMO. I think I fold that flop though, because I think the coordinated board sinks all your fold equity. What was your thought behind the raise?

milesdyson
04-23-2005, 01:32 AM
At 7.5:1 with something like ~4-5 outs and not much in the way of implied odds, folding &gt; calling &gt; raising this flop, in my opinion. It sucks to drop a decent hand after raising and it ending up 3-handed, but it's right here.

If, somehow, I did get to this action in this hand, I would check behind on any turn except a non-/images/graemlins/spade.gif J. If bet into on a non-/images/graemlins/spade.gif J, I'm obviously raising. If bet into on non-/images/graemlins/spade.gif A, I'm hating my life but probably calling down. Any other turn card I'm folding to a bet.

McGahee
04-23-2005, 01:38 AM
Hey Aaron -
How's Paradise 1-2 treating you? I just moved up from .5-1 today; so far so good. There are some lunatics though; definitely more bluffing. Hitting a K high straight flush was goot.

Aaron W.
04-23-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Aaron -
How's Paradise 1-2 treating you? I just moved up from .5-1 today; so far so good. There are some lunatics though; definitely more bluffing. Hitting a K high straight flush was goot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm up $230 in 8000 hands since I made the move back in September. Not doing fantastically, but still winning. I know that some of that is a result of cards, but I'm sure that my play gets some of the blame, too.

It took me a while to adjust to the weak-tightness of the game, and it's taking me a while to adjust to the players who over-adjust and try to run everyone over. I think my biggest problem is that I lose my focus after about 40 minutes, and then I stop playing my A-game... but it takes me another 20-30 minutes to stop playing. I'm pretty sure I'm still profitable, but not nearly as profitable as I can be.

I probably need to find a better balance of paying attention and relaxing, because watching closely all the time is mentally draining. Or maybe I'll just cut my sessions in half and play only 50 hands at a time instead of 80-100.

Congrats on the straight flush and good luck at $1-2. It's definitely beatable out there.