PDA

View Full Version : Overpair, but more action than Paris Hilton

Sam T.
04-23-2005, 12:02 AM
$11 tournament. It was my second consecutive SnG with the BB, and he's not a complete idiot.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 (t805)
CO (t210)
Button (t685)
SB (t1215)
BB (t1535)
UTG (t535)
UTG+1 (t755)
Hero (t2260)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t125</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t275</font>, UTG calls t245, Hero calls t150.

Flop: (t840) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB pushes, UTG calls, Hero...?

p0t_Commit3d
04-23-2005, 12:11 AM
One push is easy to call. 2 is a different story because you arent calling a push you are calling the call.

One of them has the Ac, and perhaps even a made flush. The other has you beat too.

Fold it, move on.

Further more let me so bold as to say that you already knew the answer to the question at hand. You called the raise back to you. At this time what were you thinking?Surely you werent thinking to slowplay QQ vs 2 opponents. When you made the choice to call the raise preflop you should have already had in your head what flop you would play and how you would play it. If you were afraid of AA or KK preflop then you should have just mucked or looked for the set. If you thought you were against AK then you should have pushed preflop.

Explain outloud in detail what it is you were thinking preflop, and you will learn a lot just from yourself.

Let me simplify it for you. You have a pair of Queens. Your draw is so bad its not even a draw. Unless you count the runner runner inside as str8flush as an expected gift ten fold your QQ.

Consider this post over and closed

signed

gasgod
04-23-2005, 12:45 AM
I'm not sure it's that easy. There is t1000 in the side pot between you and BB. You could lose to UTG's flush and still make money.

But, given your read on BB, I think fold is right.

GG

meow_meow
04-26-2005, 11:28 AM
I like folding, but I like pushing preflop more, especially with the call from UTG.

willie
04-26-2005, 12:12 PM
insta mucks

i don't even think QQ was best preflop.

hummusx
04-26-2005, 12:45 PM
I don't think UTG has AA or KK because he should have limp-reraised instead of limp-calling. I'm pushing this pre-flop in a Party 11 every single time.

Nick M
04-26-2005, 07:06 PM
Fold post flop yes. I totally don't get the UTG play here. He calls off half his stack cold like that? Doesn't make much sense.

I think there's more than meets the eye with this hand. First of all you're basically out playing yourself by just calling the re-raise preflop. But moving in after the re-raise may not be proper either. Here's my thinking...

When you raised preflop and got re-raise by BB and then UTG called that re-raise cold, you probably should have folded. The reason being is you really can't move in unless you want to take it 3 handed. UTG has half his money in the pot already, he is going to call the all in no matter what. The only chance you have is to get BB to fold by moving in, and taking the flop with UTG all in.

So yeah if you think you could get the BB to fold move in but not if you think he is going to call, cause UTG is call no matter what. He is getting 5 to 1 on his call and I would call with any 2 cards at that point. UTG screwed you by cold calling that re-raise.

I will say this though. The fact that you now have position on both of them post flop might be enough for me to just call here. It is dangerous cause of the self trap, but if you look at it like SET EV than maybe it's worth it. I'm not sure.

lastchance
04-26-2005, 07:55 PM
At an $11, your opponents are dumb. Really dumb. Push preflop and get it in with 50%+ pot equity in a huge pot.