PDA

View Full Version : Top Pair good kicker - flushed board

PancakeBoy
04-22-2005, 11:35 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1080)
UTG+1 (t1055)
MP1 (t565)
MP2 (t820)
CO (t1130)
Button (t540)
SB (t2080)
Hero (t730)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls t50, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t150) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero All in, Button Call, SB folds.

Turn: (t150) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t150) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t150

Is it too early in the tourney to make this bet or was it good (make diamonds pay)?

-Pancake

gasgod
04-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Something wrong with converter. Flop action is nonsense.

GG

PancakeBoy
04-22-2005, 11:48 PM
Edited

gasgod
04-22-2005, 11:58 PM
A pot size bet on the flop would price the flush draw out without committing all your chips.

GG

PancakeBoy
04-23-2005, 12:02 AM
what's my line if i'm raised all in?

gasgod
04-23-2005, 12:08 AM
Fold

GG

p0t_Commit3d
04-23-2005, 12:24 AM
Dont even need to think about the flop action. Why in gods name are you limping from the button with such a monster for anyways.

You slowplayed and got burned.

I think your action on the flop was fine. Most people make a lot of plays at flops like this one. Forget the norm. Instead push it with your hand. A ton of lower hands will call you OFTEN and pay you off.

When you bet too little then people bully tou on flush draws. Dont bet a little unless you are ready to autocall the push. Its always better to call a push then it is to get called by your own push. The pusher frequently loses because they are often bluffing.

Newt_Buggs
04-23-2005, 02:57 AM
Unless your opponents are incompetant i really dont think betting 680 into a pot of 150 is a good idea. Even loose players get terrified of a flush board that they dont have a piece of so its unlikely K8 is going to be paying off this overbet. If they're REALLY bad you might get called by someone with one diamond, but why not fire out a pot sized bet which won't give them odds (since you wont be paying them off) and get some money out of the draws.

Basically, your bet shouts TP and will only get called by a better hand. A pot sized bet lets the weaker hands pay you off.

If you get raised, it will be a tough decision that will be mainly based on reads (but prob a fold). IMO though it would be better to bet the pot and call a push than push to begin with. You're only getting called by flushes when you push, but a raiser putting his chips in the middle will either have the flush or have a hand you beat. You're more likely to get all in against a weak hand by betting then calling.

Bigwig
04-23-2005, 04:08 AM
It's insane to go all-in on this flop. Overbetting the pot by that much will only ensure that you'll be called most often by hands that beat you.

AA suited
04-23-2005, 09:02 PM
so he bets 3/4 pot on flop and gets called.

What's his line for the turn? check/call or check/fold depending how much villian bets? if check/fold, how much is his bet to make you fold?

(I ran into same problem last nite with overpair. betting out 1/2 pot on turn if he called flop bet is not the right line since you're pot committed on the river.)

pooh74
04-23-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dont even need to think about the flop action. Why in gods name are you limping from the button with such a monster for anyways.

You slowplayed and got burned.

I think your action on the flop was fine. Most people make a lot of plays at flops like this one. Forget the norm. Instead push it with your hand. A ton of lower hands will call you OFTEN and pay you off.

When you bet too little then people bully tou on flush draws. Dont bet a little unless you are ready to autocall the push. Its always better to call a push then it is to get called by your own push. The pusher frequently loses because they are often bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

yo, new guy

results in white:

<font color="white">He's the BB </font>

lastchance
04-23-2005, 09:22 PM
I think checking the flop here is good, as all-in and 3/4 pot give them your own problems. Yeah, you're giving an diamond a free card, but you aren't paying him off anyway, while you would if you bet.

I CR all-in.