PDA

View Full Version : Was I a fish here?

MrBlueNose
04-22-2005, 10:30 PM
MP1 is TAG. He had also earlier commented on a play I had made that went against my being a TAG, so he's also got Pokertracker. I also feel this is an autocall in the BB, not so much in the SB, but I'm still getting used to multi-tabling, and make slight mistakes like that.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (14 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB

I'll post my thinking behind it all later.

bigmac366
04-22-2005, 10:33 PM
i dont mind the preflop call, but i'm a little loose preflop. i would never lead this flop into 4 opponents because it is not for value, and there is no way all 4 are folding. i check/call one bet on the flop. turn is fine and the river plays itself.

thesharpie
04-22-2005, 10:36 PM
I would go for a check raise on the flop, personally. Obviously that wouldn't have worked as the wrong person bet, but MP1 probably would've raised BB's bet and you could've tossed your hand at this point.

Any read on BB?

AngelicPenguin
04-22-2005, 10:43 PM
I think I want another limper preflop.

MrBlueNose
04-22-2005, 10:44 PM
First of all I accidently posted the results. Edited them out now.

My reasoning for betting out on the flop was I wanted to see where I was at. I had quickly looked up the stats on MP1, and it looked like he would call with AK or AQ while raise with QQ-AA. So I wanted to see at that point whether my pair of 8's was actually ahead or not.

BB's raise threw me off, and I had him as weak tight(as in he'll limp in with 99-KK in every position and see the flop first. I roughly put him on 99-TT at that stage. MP1 calling makes me think he's got AK or AQ.

bigmac366
04-22-2005, 10:53 PM
ha, i just noticed you flopped a pair of eights too. that makes your flop play just fine imo. nice hand.

popeye18
04-23-2005, 12:08 AM
Yea im folding this pre-flop most likely unless post flop play is atrocious at the table. After that id probably check this flop planning to raise a bet from mp1.

Kumubou
04-23-2005, 12:29 AM
El Gruncho (since Grunching is the new black):

Pre-flop probably goes either way. You got a limper, the raiser, a cold-caller, and a blind to go. Throw in one more limper/cold-caller and it's a fairly easy call, I think.

I do not bet this flop. You have top pair, but pretty much anything that comes down is going to scare you in some way. No way in hell do you get everyone to fold to your bet, and you are leaving yourself wide open to be raised by MP1, thinning your field. So the BB does it instead, and everyone calls. Whatever.

Turn is standard; even if someone has a straight now you need to see if you can draw out to a flush on the river.

This river produces either a very happy ending or a very bad end, and I figure since no one bothered to three-bet the paired ducks you win.

Buckmulligan
04-23-2005, 12:48 AM
meh... this is ok but I think I would have bet or check/raised that turn, I'm not sure which one.

Buckmulligan
04-23-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yea im folding this pre-flop most likely unless post flop play is atrocious at the table. After that id probably check this flop planning to raise a bet from mp1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kdding, you are getting 10:1 on this call. This is not a good fold.

popeye18
04-23-2005, 01:09 AM
I didnt notice he was in the sb. Makes a diffrence. YEa calling is probably alright here.

Buckmulligan
04-23-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I didnt notice he was in the sb. Makes a diffrence. YEa calling is probably alright here

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the call is pretty straight forward from the BB too, getting 5:1 immediately and 6:1 assuming UTG calls.

madscratch
04-23-2005, 01:27 AM
Grunch.

I think PF is an OK call.

I check the flop. Top pair is pretty measly here 5 ways. If not checked around I fold here.

Turn is interesting. Will your flush draw hold up if you hit it. Given that you're still in I'd raise here. Why not build the pot if your flush hits and is good and bluff the straight to possibly knock out hands better than yours?

I'd just call on the end here. Lots of players and a low flush.

popeye18
04-23-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the call is pretty straight forward from the BB too, getting 5:1 immediately and 6:1 assuming UTG calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes i agree. From the button id be a little less inclined to call unless i knew for sure that bb and utg+1 were in and post flop play is bad at the table.

PokerBob
04-23-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
MP1 is TAG. He had also earlier commented on a play I had made that went against my being a TAG, so he's also got Pokertracker. I also feel this is an autocall in the BB, not so much in the SB, but I'm still getting used to multi-tabling, and make slight mistakes like that.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (14 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB

I'll post my thinking behind it all later.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO the pf call is marginal. The rest looks good, but I'm really drunk.

AlmightyJay
04-23-2005, 02:17 AM
I don't like preflop, but I think postflop is decent. I'm not sure how I feel about the flop bet; if you knew the raise would come from your left, then it's good, but that was unexpected. I would probably check-call it. Otherwise I play it the same.

MrBlueNose
04-23-2005, 02:58 AM
Well the results were:

<font color="white">
BB: Pocket Jacks
MP1: Pocket Queens
Button: A2o for Trip 2s (God bless him)
</font>

So in hindsight, the bet on the flop actually worked out, because when I bet and the BB raised, MP1 didn't feel so good about his pocket queens anymore and proceeded to call down(god bless him). Later hands changed his read to tight-passive. If I had checked, BB would've bet, MP1 probably would have raised and I would be facing two cold, with it possibly being capped behind me. I'm not saying "SEE THIS IS WHY I SHOULD'VE BET" obviously, it's just funny how it worked out like that.

I do however still like my bet, as I felt it was good to find out where I was at. I did NOT expect the button raise obviously, and expected MP1 to either call(AK or AQ), or raise(QQ-AA), at which point I'd fold the turn UI.

I like the idea of the turn check raise though. Thanks for all the feedback.

xenthebrain
04-23-2005, 07:56 AM
I like the most of it. Definately not fishy

It is hard to protect your 8 on the flop with betting into people. I would try a c/r when some in late position bets and I would call a bet, when the player behind me bets.

The rest is good.

@bsolute_luck
04-23-2005, 10:01 AM
i don't think you're fishy. preflop from SB with so many callers, definitely worth it.

flop: i usually c/r here. you have a BDFD and BDSD to help if you're behind to a better kicker. and i don't think it is terrible for it to get checked through to see what the turn brings.

turn: if you c/r, lead out and call a 3-bet

river: bet out. you do not want this getting checked through. call a 3-bet (full house or better flush possible). k, off to check results

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif