PDA

View Full Version : Timid play of TT

Downrock
04-22-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm thinking my play of TT is pretty weak and something I need to work on. Any suggestions would be great. I'm not really sure on what i should be doing on a flop that comes down like this. Thanks.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, UTG+1 folds.

River: (6.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

bozlax
04-22-2005, 09:59 PM
How aggro do you think you should be with an ace on the board, given the well-documented prediliction of LL players to go with ace-rag? In this specific instance, all you had was 3rd pair, with a flush draw on the board. I might be inclined to raise the turn for information, prepared to fold to a 3-bet, but, depending on reads I might fold this when bet into, too. I guess it's pretty read-dependent, for me.

medaugh
04-22-2005, 10:04 PM
I also was thinking of raising turn to find out where you were at. With my clicker close to the fold button. Just my two cents.

Yobz
04-22-2005, 10:06 PM
A turn raise would be terrible. If he calls and checks the river, you can't bet, and if he 3-bets you have to fold yet you could have seen a showdown with the same amt of money. I would go for a flop bet/fold. If called on flop and lead into on turn, I fold

thesharpie
04-22-2005, 10:10 PM
Information gaining on later streets is a major cause of chip spewage, cut it out.

medaugh
04-22-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I also was thinking of raising turn to find out where you were at. With my clicker close to the fold button. Just my two cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probally why I have a bunch of red numbers next to my middle pairs on PT. Please disregard my post. I'm going to crawl back into my hole now. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

deepsquat
04-22-2005, 10:17 PM
I wouldnt bet this flop personally. I would call down like you did on the turn, villain could easily have a Queen.

thesharpie
04-22-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would call down like you did on the turn, villain could easily have a Queen.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I wouldn't call down. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Malachii
04-22-2005, 10:22 PM
I like that line.

toss
04-22-2005, 10:24 PM
Personally, I'd follow up my PF raise with a bet on the flop to represent the ace. I bet or check the turn depending on who calls.

PokerBob
04-23-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking my play of TT is pretty weak and something I need to work on. Any suggestions would be great. I'm not really sure on what i should be doing on a flop that comes down like this. Thanks.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, UTG+1 folds.

River: (6.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to bet this flop, as it is just as scary for everyone else. Also, you may get one caller, but a /images/graemlins/club.gif on the turn givse you a decnet chance against 1 player but not against 3.

A_C_Slater
04-23-2005, 02:34 AM
I fold this turn. It looks to me like MP2 was expecting you to bet the flop after raising preflop and now he's making up for the missed check/raise attempt on the turn

brazilio
04-23-2005, 02:38 AM
If you're willing to see showdown on this board, which I'm usually not, bet the flop, check the turn and call the river. You checked the worst street to do so at. Who knows what MP2 is betting with, trash, a pair of 8s, a weak Queen, a weak Ace , you've got no idea. And I doubt you missed a checkraise on the flop. I think more likely he now knows his pair is good or likely to be so, or he's just trying to steal it from your flop weakness.

A_C_Slater
04-23-2005, 02:46 AM
I feel you should bet the flop here. If bet into on this flop I would fold, but two checks to a preflop raiser and only one behind I would bet, but since you didn't I would fold the turn. 5.75 BB is your hand good 1 out of 5 times here? I really don't know.

dozer
04-23-2005, 03:05 AM
I would bet the flop.
If called, I would slow down on the turn. Probably check fold to any agression because people like to play any ace.(a read on villain would help in deciding what to do)

On the Turn I would fold to Mp2's bet. Any ace or queen has you beat

jaxUp
04-23-2005, 04:03 AM
why I have a problem with betting the flop:

a) We will never win this pot on the spot

b) We don't have the button for a guaranteed turn check-through

c) We are unlikely to get to a free showdown after we check the turn (and I don't like having to bet the turn, especially vs 2 opponents)

d) we have no reads

e) we don't have a great chance of getting it HU vs 3 opponents.

WHAT POINTS DO YOU LIKE/DISLIKE? DID I MISS ANYTHING?

A_C_Slater
04-23-2005, 04:07 AM
I don't like the "we will never win this pot on the spot." There is 9 Sb's in the pot. Will none of them have a Ace or Queen or flush draw just 1 out of 9 times? If they don't they have to fold, and if they call they are making a mistake.

brazilio
04-23-2005, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why I have a problem with betting the flop:

c) We are unlikely to get to a free showdown after we check the turn (and I don't like having to bet the turn, especially vs 2 opponents)

d) we have no reads

e) we don't have a great chance of getting it HU vs 3 opponents.

WHAT POINTS DO YOU LIKE/DISLIKE? DID I MISS ANYTHING?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true. And if you're betting the flop, betting the turn against two opponents is pretty dicey. I'll be much more liable to do it with a J, Q, or K on the board.

jaxUp
04-23-2005, 04:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the "we will never win this pot on the spot." There is 9 Sb's in the pot. Will none of them have a Ace or Queen or flush draw just 1 out of 9 times? If they don't they have to fold, and if they call they are making a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was an overstatement. I really think that somebody will call probably 95 percent of the time, and as a result will get a free showdown. If they ever bet, we have to fold, and it's just not worth it IMO.

benkath1
04-24-2005, 07:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it possible a flop bet could buy the button, and the free turn?