PDA

View Full Version : analyze my play

MylesD
04-22-2005, 09:21 PM
I just finnished a $10 rebuy on Prima and have been mulling over some probabilities since reading this forum. It is regarding recognizing when you have small edges. Pre-flop or if the flop does not hit me or hits me somewhat (bottom pair) I will usually fold to a good sized bet unless I have that player pegged as a bluffer.

Take these 2 hands:

I have around T$35,000 and the blinds are T$400-$800 no antes. The other players in the hand have around the same stack size. I am in the BB and a player in MP2 raises to $1,600. 2 players call. I have 72s and am getting great odds. I am kicking myself for folding because I said "great odds". Would you play this? The flop paired my 7's, light betting and then the Turn was another 7.

Another hand a few rotations later at a different table. Blinds are T$1,000/$2,000 I have about T$43,000 chips. I get AQos in MP1 and make a raise of 3x the BB and the 2 larger stacks call. The largest stack in the BB. T$19,000 in the pot. Flop comes rags 3 7 10. I check and the CO bets T$10,000. BB calls and I fold. Turn was an Ace and river was a Queen. Would you have called the flop bet or was my fold a standard play? I was getting good odds to call the flop bet.

I have many other questions so hold tight. Thanks for your response.

David

DireWolf
04-22-2005, 09:26 PM
Good folds on both.

Guelph
04-22-2005, 09:55 PM
Seems like results-oriented thinking if you're questioning the first fold. To me it seems like a call you'd either make every time or never.

Personally, 7.5-1 odds (if I understood the action right) is enough to call a flop with any 2 when I've got 43bb. With a hand like 72, it's real easy to check-fold when you don't hit the flop. Also, when's the last time you put any opponent on 72?

KneeCo
04-23-2005, 12:28 AM
I would have played both the same way more often than not.