PDA

View Full Version : Wacki needs alternative dating advice......

wacki
04-22-2005, 08:49 PM
No, I'm not gay. Anyone that read this thread:

Linky (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=1921511&Fo rum=f20&Words=physics&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=1 921511&Search=true&where=sub&Name=7066&daterange=1 &newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyp rev=#Post1921511)

will know that I recently met an uber hot chick. The problem is that she doesn't work normal hours. She works a lot of 11PM-2AM shifts on weekends for weddings and stuff. Normally I just invite a chick out for drinks/party/bar hopping and the rest is easy. What do I do with a responsible chick that works very irregular hours and is always busy on Friday/Saturday nights? The coolest thing about my job is that I can make my own hours so coordinating our schedules isn't a problem. Coordinating our social life is.

I haven't taken her out yet, but she loves to travel, was a graphic design major, works in the service industry, and used to work for Disney. She drinks, and seems very responsible/level headed at the same time. She's also got one hell of an ass. I hope that helps!

sublime
04-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Normally I just invite a chick out for drinks/party/bar hopping

try going out for dinner on a weds night or something.

wacki
04-22-2005, 08:56 PM
Ugh, yes, the lunch/dinner thing is obvious, but there has to be something better. I can't always take her out to diner/lunch. Also, in the past I've found taking a woman to the Zoo, aquarium, Six Flags, and the beach is way better. In Indiana all I have is the zoo and that's 90 minutes away.

Lunch/diner is ok, but there has to be something better. It just seems to lack imagination, especially on a repetitive basis.

Edit: I'm starting to feel stupid I even asked this question.

rusellmj
04-22-2005, 09:13 PM
I used to take first dates to minor league hockey games. It had a great fun/party atmosphere. You can drink, yell, relax and high five w/ your date. It always fell within my guideline of never spending more than $40 on a date too. Oh yeah, and I never date on weekends anyway, I have better stuff to do.
Good luck

wacki
04-22-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I used to take first dates to minor league hockey games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a great idea!!! Too bad indy is 60+ minutes away from bloomington (college town).

*Wacki wishes he lived in a big city*

sublime
04-22-2005, 09:24 PM
well you said for your first few dates, dinner is always a safe way to go.

take her to a comedy show. it takes the pressurer off you to entertain her.

wacki
04-22-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
take her to a comedy show.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not bad, and there is a local comedy caravan. I think I will do that.

bernie
04-22-2005, 09:31 PM
What wedding stuff happens between 11p and 2am on weekends?

You mean bachelor parties?

[ QUOTE ]
and is always busy on Friday/Saturday nights?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go visit her at her club. Bring lots of $1 bills.

Btw...If she really likes you, she will make time.

b

wacki
04-22-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What wedding stuff happens between 11p and 2am on weekends?

You mean bachelor parties?

[ QUOTE ]
and is always busy on Friday/Saturday nights?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go visit her at her club. Bring lots of $1 bills.

Btw...If she really likes you, she will make time.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

She's a captain for the Indiana University Club. It's not uncommon for guest lectures to run till 10 and receptions to run several hours afterwards. There are two local strip clubs and I highly doubt she works there. I know the managers so it's easy for me to find out though. I highly doubt she's lying, but I think I'm going to do a checkup just in case. Thanks bernie....

BTW, the University Club does operate past midnight.

http://www.indiana.edu/~uclub/ucfacilityrental.html

BusterStacks
04-22-2005, 09:44 PM
Well, here's my idea:

Tell her you would like to take her out and ask her when would be a good time. Plan event accordingly.

wacki
04-22-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tell her you would like to take her out and ask her when would be a good time. Plan event accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Buster, the point is that I'm not in a big city (college town) so options are limited. Bar hopping/parties with friends is out of the question, and I'm not near a coast, so my normal avenues of entertainment aren't going to be useful to me.

Man I feel stupid for posting this. I should of waited till after the first date. Atleast Sublimes comedy suggestion helped.

istewart
04-22-2005, 09:58 PM
Avoid referring to yourself in the third person. /images/graemlins/club.gif

Blarg
04-22-2005, 10:03 PM
Try something physical that's fun. That gets people awake and feeling alive, and that feeling can psychologically transfer over to how they feel about you. The beach, like you noted, is good. Also good is something like rollerblading or playing tennis, or sailing.

Side benefits: these activities are often cheap, and you can check out her bod and break down physical shyness or awkwardness about touching etc. that either of you might have, because you'll have so many opportunities to come into physical contact.

bernie
04-22-2005, 10:07 PM
It just seemed odd that her prime operating hours are the same as a dancer. Btw...many college girls strip so it wouldn't be a suprise. Many strippers won't tell you what they do right off the bat. She also very well might not be a stripper, but at first glance at your post, it's the first thing I thought of.

Where did you meet her if she's got that busy of a schedule?

b

bernie
04-22-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
parties with friends

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't throw her to the dogs yet.

You don't like bars? Even just local hangout bars, not necesarily big booming clubs.

You can always ask her what she might like to do. Or find out the type of stuff she likes through conversation then look for something related.

Get a local paper and look in the entertainment section for events coming up. Or try something that you both don't know if you'd like it. That way it could make it more of an experience you go through together.

b

wacki
04-22-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where did you meet her if she's got that busy of a schedule?

b

[/ QUOTE ]

In the OP, I linked to a thread talking about a physics seminar I went to. She was serving the wine. I left the reception at 11:30 PM and the room was still packed. So I don't doubt her words.... yet. Still, I always appreciate words of caution.

bernie
04-22-2005, 10:31 PM
Yknow, if she's not that uptight, you could make a joke and point out the comparison schedule-wise. She might get a kick out of it. *be careful in doing this.

b

wacki
04-22-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't like bars? Even just local hangout bars, not necesarily big booming clubs.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only bar I wouldn't feel comfortable in is the Blue Oyster.

[ QUOTE ]
You can always ask her what she might like to do. Or find out the type of stuff she likes through conversation then look for something related.

Get a local paper and look in the entertainment section for events coming up. Or try something that you both don't know if you'd like it. That way it could make it more of an experience you go through together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good ideas! The first one was a no brainer. I don't know why I haven't asked her that one yet. Our conversations just flow so naturally that I haven't touched a lot of the bases yet. (you know the checklist questions everyone asks at first)

wacki
04-22-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yknow, if she's not that uptight, you could make a joke and point out the comparison schedule-wise. She might get a kick out of it. *be careful in doing this.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this joke would actually work on her. She is a very cool chick. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The only thing she is uptight about is her lack of a future due to her graphic/Interior design major. At IU, that is a very difficult major and they work you like a dog. She's very upset about it.

wacki
04-22-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Try something physical that's fun. That gets people awake and feeling alive, and that feeling can psychologically transfer over to how they feel about you. The beach, like you noted, is good. Also good is something like rollerblading or playing tennis, or sailing.

Side benefits: these activities are often cheap, and you can check out her bod and break down physical shyness or awkwardness about touching etc. that either of you might have, because you'll have so many opportunities to come into physical contact.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg, you rock. I totally agree with what you say which is why I don't care for movies/diner much.

Beach - kicks ass. Not available in indiana.

Sailing - great and I've never met a woman that couldn't turn down a ride on a yacht. Not available in indiana.

Skeet/trap - amazingly enough women love to do this. Just give them a 20 guage benelli. Bloomington, being in a liberal county, makes this not an option.

Rollerbladding/Tennis are ok but highly dependent on the person. If they are competitive at all, this can easily backfire unless both of you are good at the sport.

Go Karts... Just thought of this, I think I might do this as there is a nice track 20 minutes from here. You can't lose doing this. Plus it's open during the day.

Orpheus
04-22-2005, 11:03 PM
Well, not so terribly long ago, I took a girl window shopping after lunch at a French cafe. It was a little lame, because I lived *very* nearby, knew the area well and didn't expect there to be anything particularly interesting to her.

We spotted a sign to a children's library a couple of blocks off the main drag, and for some reason, decided to check it out. We ended up having a wonderful afternoon, reading to small children with imaginative voices and sound effects [I'm great with kids], being childish ourselves, and later chasing each other through a nearby park. This set up a tradition of seeking offbeat activities and *maming them fun. That relationship worked well for quite some time.

Fun is where you find it. Might I suggest avoiding your usual or "designated" fun activities? Novelty is an rich opportunity, and it is rarely on the default menu. We used to deliberately offbeat places, lectures and activities in the local town paper (I was living in a college town, but she was "transportation impaired" in a small sleepy suburb, yet we still managed to find things in the local town papers that we'd never otherwise have done.)

Alobar
04-22-2005, 11:04 PM
Heres what you do. Go buy a bunch of those glow in the dark stars that people under the age of like 9 put on the ceiling. Put these all over above your bed. Then call her up and ask if he she would like to go look star gazing with you. Then bring her up to your room, turn out the lights, go "viola!!" and then commence with the butt sex /images/graemlins/smile.gif

yaomama
04-22-2005, 11:07 PM

Leo99
04-22-2005, 11:30 PM
Why alternative dating? What's wrong with dinner and a movie? I like the comedy show idea. I'm sure she's dated guys that have a normal M-F, 9-5 schedule before. She'll make time for you if she's the right woman for you.

wacki
04-22-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fun is where you find it. Might I suggest avoiding your usual or "designated" fun activities?

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time I took a girl out on a date in bloomington, she told me she hated big parties. So, I took her to my friends house who had a little get together for the IU basketball game. When I got to the house, I looked at her face and asked her if she was ready. She was in a pissy mood and said "ready for what". I opened up the door. Her eyes got really wide. The whole night she kept on turning around to give me random high fives as she sat on a cabinet in front of me. On the way home she couldn't stop talking. Her mouth was going a million miles an hour She didn't have one drop of alcohol. So, my answer to you is simply a big fat [censored] no. I know how to have a good time.

However, I am always up for trying something new. Hence the reason why I made this thread.

As for:
[ QUOTE ]
window shopping after lunch at a French cafe

[/ QUOTE ]

I would rather suck on the end of a shotgun.

The reading to kids stuff is pretty good though. That is definitely a good way to find a keeper. I agree about the novelty stuff, hence my lust for beaches, zoos, aquariums, etc. However, this is a college town and my options are limited.

Now if you will excuse me, I have a poker game to get to.

wacki
04-22-2005, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Heres what you do. Go buy a bunch of those glow in the dark stars that people under the age of like 9 put on the ceiling. Put these all over above your bed. Then call her up and ask if he she would like to go look star gazing with you. Then bring her up to your room, turn out the lights, go "viola!!" and then commence with the butt sex /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for shits and giggles I think I might do this. I'll have to come up with something creative to say if I do try this. You know, kind of like a pirate at a costume party asking if they can "swab the poop deck".

Phat Mack
04-22-2005, 11:49 PM
was a graphic design major

Art museum or gallery. A museum is better--larger with more options. Check out lists of shows online or in the paper, find something that seems interesting--not something that you think will impress her--and ask her along. Cheap and full of stuff to talk about.

Blarg
04-22-2005, 11:59 PM
My problem with museums and zoos and such is I can spend a week in one; I rarely bump into people with my fascination for them. I have to watch out I don't wind up trying to stay so long that the people with me get bored and antsy to leave. I always feel like I'm leaving way too soon when others feel like they had a nice quick hit and are glad to be on to doing something else. Going to a museum with someone who really loves them is a rare pleasure. For me, at least, it doesn't work well as a date.

wacki
04-23-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For me, at least, it doesn't work well as a date.

[/ QUOTE ]

Learn some discipline and change your thought process Blarg. Keep an eye out for crows feet and the last breath and you will never go wrong.

Phat Mack, you rule!!!

ok, gotta leave.... poker is waiting.

Alobar
04-23-2005, 12:19 AM
what in the [censored] is your avatar??? dude, seriously...change that [censored]

jdl22
04-23-2005, 12:21 AM
a few ideas off the top of my head:
- paintball especially if she's the fun type (make sure she shoots you at least once)
- hiking, I went to the University of Oregon so this was probably much more available than in Indiana but this or similar outdoor activities (biking etc.) are good
- picnic - similar to hiking. Sort of cliche but I would guess most women would go for it. Bring some red wine. Are there any good parks in the area? Similarly feeding ducks is always popular if there are any duck ponds around.
- play basketball together. Get a group of friends including hopefully some girls. It's quite fun no matter your skill level and you get to put your hands on her /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Alobar
04-23-2005, 12:28 AM
Its actually pretty good if you know the girl a little better. I did that for this one girl and it worked, but we had already been on like 4 or 5 dates. For a first date that would just freak her out, heh.

04-23-2005, 12:32 AM
Invite her to dinner at your place. Tell her you will cook for her. Then, after dinner, play a game. Have some good, clean fun. One first or second date, we did this and then played cards after dinner. Gin I think. It went great. No hanky panky, even if she asks. She will respect you a great deal if things go well. She'll think you're into her and not just looking to tap that ass. Hope this helps.

peachy
04-23-2005, 12:41 AM
start with taking her out to a nice restraunt...nothing over the top yet...but something that shows u have a lil taste...if a guy does anything super outrageous at 1st it makes me think weird stuff depending on the guy...but thats just me...ill think of some stuff and post them tomorrow if i remember...im just too drained and just got back to try and think on it

When u get to know her better take her somewhere for the weekend when she has one off

Pepsquad
04-23-2005, 01:22 AM
My God Bloomington is lame. All I see on their events calander is the "Ramblin' Rodeo" this Sunday from 1-4 in the afternoon. YeeHaw!
I like your thoughts of staying away from dinner and a movie though. Good luck with it.

pokerjo22
04-23-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, in the past I've found taking a woman to the Zoo, aquarium, Six Flags, and the beach is way better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is she in kindergarten or something?

peachy
04-23-2005, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, in the past I've found taking a woman to the Zoo, aquarium, Six Flags, and the beach is way better.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah thats y i love u!

Alobar
04-23-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never underestimate the power of the zoo...that [censored] is like spanish fly.....I bet you're just bitter cuz no one has ever taken you ;P

peachy
04-23-2005, 01:45 AM
hahaha i do love the zoo though!! but not for a date...i go cause im a tard and act like a kid...im easy to please

Alobar
04-23-2005, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
im easy to please

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you trying to win votes now or something? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

peachy
04-23-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im easy to please

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah no...if i wanted to do that id talk about doing people and post pics of mahself!! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

although that might be tramatic for some

slickpoppa
04-23-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im easy to please

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, she's trying to drop hints for Wacki for when they go on their first date

blatz
04-23-2005, 02:02 AM
Sailing has been mentioned but not miniature golf?

It's no fail, I've gone with a drunk stripper and a fancy pants clothing store manager. Both were cool rocking dates, fun times had by all.

And, honestly I know nothing about Indiana, but I have a feeling the have more miniature golf courses than oceans, so that might help.

wacki
04-23-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never underestimate the power of the zoo...that [censored] is like spanish fly.....I bet you're just bitter cuz no one has ever taken you ;P

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad somebody understands. I've never had the zoo backfire. The last time I went, I took a 23 year old woman and we had a blast looking at the sea horses (she loves ponies so that's why I took her), and talking about the penguins. We got in an argument about whether or not the dolphins were happier in the wild or having their tongue stroked in captivity. The penguins were fun because they did some crazy [censored] and we decided to interpret what they were saying. The girl I took with me, a.k.a. "Nicky pimp daddy" is cool as [censored] and interpreted some funny ass [censored].

Alobar, I have no doubt you have had a [censored] load of female roommates. You know them well.

-extremely drunk wacki

P.S. Pokerjoe STFU!!!! I'm no child molester. And if I'm going to be molesting a child, it'll be your ass.... with a maglite!!!

wacki
04-23-2005, 04:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And, honestly I know nothing about Indiana, but I have a feeling the have more miniature golf courses than oceans, so that might help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe it or not, thanks to lake Michigan, Monroe and Geist, it's a tie. It makes abosolutely no sense to me, but coastal states are 1000x better for miniature golf then Indiana.

blatz
04-23-2005, 04:30 AM
I'm a gulf coaster myself, but you convinced me...I'm moving. Bloomington or bust.

Is John Cougar looking for a roomate? Can you ask him?

Blarg
04-23-2005, 04:47 AM
This was some funny stuff, man.

[ QUOTE ]
[The last time I went, I took a 23 year old woman and we had a blast looking at the sea horses (she loves ponies so that's why I took her),

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you explain to her that they weren't really horses, and wouldn't drown?

[ QUOTE ]
We got in an argument about whether or not the dolphins were happier in the wild or having their tongue stroked in captivity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what to say, but that's hilarious.

Sounds like you went on a date with Kelly Bundy.

Victor
04-23-2005, 04:52 AM
[censored] it dude. just go bowling.

<font color="white"> it actually works </font>

wacki
04-23-2005, 05:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you went on a date with Kelly Bundy.

[/ QUOTE ]

She wasn't book smart, but she was very street smart.

And yes she understood the difference between seahorses and ponies. I think I will call her tomorrow. She is a very cool chick.

wacki
04-23-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
P.S. Pokerjoe STFU!!!! I'm no child molester. And if I'm going to be molesting a child, it'll be your ass.... with a maglite!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed this post. It needed a smiley as this wasn't a serious comment, just talking smack.

Gin 'n Tonic
04-23-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aaargh! Beer out of nose!

I think it was the 'viola' that did it - twice as funny as 'Voila!'

Must......stop.....giggling....