PDA

View Full Version : A8s, straightforward hand

Redd
04-22-2005, 04:34 PM
Pacific $0.05/$0.10 (10 Handed).

UTG is loose, of a little above average aggression, but straightforward. I know when he bets he has something worth betting. One of the callers is a pretty notorious slowplayer, if that makes a difference.

Hero has A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button.
UTG limps, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 limps, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 limps, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="red">UTG limp re-raises</font>, all call including Hero.

Flop comes 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players, 15SBs).
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn comes 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players, 9.5BB).
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero...

McGahee
04-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Assuming nobody already has a made straight/flush, your absolute best case scenerio is 4 clean outs, and that's being generous. Maybe that's good enough in this huge pot, but I'm lazy and not that good at math and I fold.

fluxrad
04-22-2005, 04:44 PM
Hero folds. I'd give this 3 outs, maybe 4 at best.

Nick C
04-22-2005, 04:44 PM
I'd probably fold. You don't want to see the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif very much, so that leaves four cards you'd like to see. Plus, if there's a notorious slowplayer among the turn callers, you should reduce your outs a little for that. Also, it's possible that two of the aces you're hoping for are in UTG's hand.

I am tempted to call, with four outs that might be clean, getting an immediate 12:1. But I suspect folding is best.

Redd
04-22-2005, 04:52 PM
Thanks to everyone for their replies.

[ QUOTE ]
I am tempted to call, with four outs that might be clean, getting an immediate 12:1. But I suspect folding is best.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was exactly my thought process, too. I'll add in now that I did decide to fold it, and I'll put up results for the curious a little later so anyone else that's so inclined can contribute.

_bustedflush_
04-22-2005, 05:13 PM
...is all done except for noting what UTG limp reraises with

tijean
04-22-2005, 05:21 PM
I wouldn't raise PF here - with three limpers, I'm playing this for the flush. If you spike an A, your kicker might hold up, but you're going to have to play it very carefully. All you're doing here is buying the button from yourself.

I'd fold this flop. You have bottom pair and an overcard with no BD on a draw heavy board. You could hit an 8 or an A and still be way behind.

xenthebrain
04-23-2005, 06:48 AM
I don't raise A8s with 3 guys in front of me, and I would dump it on the flop without a thought.