PDA

View Full Version : AA laydown

rhinoceros
11-10-2002, 01:43 AM
Paraidse Poker NL $100, I hold AA on the button.

UTG and MP limp, I raise $5.50 (pot raise), UTG calls, MP folds. Pot is $13, UTG has $86 remaining, I have more.

Flop:
7s 5d 3s

He checks, I bet $13, he raises $13, I fold. I put him on a small-medium pair for his limp and call pre-flop. So I figure he has just flopped a set. I suppose he could have a semi-bluff like 66 or Ks Qs. But I was not inclined to lose a big hand finding out. He was playing rather few hands; I didn't see enough hands to know how he handles the ones he does play.

This seemed rather ordinary to me, but I'm starting to second guess my AA laydowns. I have started collecting data, and AA is a standout as my biggest losing hand!

Greg (FossilMan)
11-10-2002, 09:29 AM
I may be wrong, but I'd never fold here for a minimum raise. If I ever did, it would have to be an opponent I knew VERY well.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

rhinoceros
11-10-2002, 09:11 PM
Greg,

I find that in online play, my opponents frequently make minimum raises in already raised pots. I, of course, do not. I find my results dramatically improved by making full pot raises almost anytime I raise at all.

However, since my opponents do frequently make minimum raises with big hands, I am reluctant to put them on a lesser holding because of it. I think I punish the minimum raise better with well timed reraises--let him figure out if it's a big hand or a semibluff. But since I have only 2 outs if I am behind, I let this one go.

When you call, what do you think he has? Lesser overpair? 66, or 44? 6s 5s? Ks Qs? KQo? Trash?

11-11-2002, 01:00 AM
Hi, the PP nolimit has lots of trapping. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif I will play any pr for a smaller bet, then bet if you hit, about the pot or the last raise to keep in the other player. Folding was right in that game. Ron /forums/images/icons/grin.gif