PDA

View Full Version : AK - level 2 - Middle position VS BB

greenroom1
04-22-2005, 04:27 PM
$30 PP SNG

Villian is the BB (1020)
Hero is MP3 (875) Bilnds 15/30
Villian has shown one hand: Maybe a bit loose. Hero is playing tight and hasn't made any raises or calls.
The other stack sizes were similar ranging from 450-1400 but most between 700-900.

UTG - MP2 all fold
Hero (A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif) raises to 95
Folded to BB who calls.

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villian: Checks
Hero Bets: 175
Villiam: Reraises all in
Hero: Folds

Was the continuation bet correct?

A call seemed completely out of the question after being reraised. Should I have checked the flop. It seems that raising with AK with a 9 high flop and having position is the correct play. Did I raise enough or too much?

I a new poster and would really appreciate the comments.

Phil Van Sexton
04-22-2005, 04:33 PM
I might have bet 125 or 150 on the flop, but your play was fine.

gumpzilla
04-22-2005, 04:37 PM
Just to play devil's advocate, what does the continuation bet do here? I can't see any hand that she beats (EDIT: okay, maybe 77 or 88) folding or anything worse paying off. Is the goal just to protect yourself from having it taken away by BB on the turn? My natural inclination is to fire this bet too, but on a flop this raggedy it seems like a hard sell.

DasLeben
04-22-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just to play devil's advocate, what does the continuation bet do here? I can't see any hand that she beats folding or anything worse paying off. Is the goal just to protect yourself from having it taken away by BB on the turn? My natural inclination is to fire this bet too, but on a flop this raggedy it seems like a hard sell.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're just trying to represent an overpair. Hopefully the other player doesn't hit the flop and won't call. *shrugs*