PDA

View Full Version : NEW POSTER

Eevee
04-22-2005, 02:37 PM
Hey guys can I get the traditional 2+2 warm welcome? Im new.

-EV

Student
04-22-2005, 02:41 PM
Howwwwddddyyyy Stranger! That's what the cowboy down on Fremont Street in Las Vegas used to say, back in the olden, golden days. And he'd duff his cap to you, as you approached him...

Dave

microbet
04-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Well, your first post wasn't about how great you are or how lousy some of us are, so welcome.

Where do you play? What games?

Mr_J
04-22-2005, 03:05 PM
-EV

Hmmm. Do you know what your sig actually means in poker terms, or are you just having a go at yourself? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

If you do and are, there's already a -EV here (no I don't mean me) /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

If you don't and aren't, then learn from some of these guys and your sig might turn into +EV. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

*(how the hell have I just picked up 300-400 posts in like a month, no posting in OOT or the zoo, and I don't do yugo/skipper style posts????)

p0t_Commit3d
04-22-2005, 03:32 PM
I am new too, we can be properly hazed together.

octaveshift
04-22-2005, 03:33 PM
Fold preflop.

jcm4ccc
04-22-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys can I get the traditional 2+2 warm welcome? Im new.

-EV

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't ask for the traditional 2+2 welcome. You have to earn it. Traditionally, there are five ways:

1. Post your results after 50 or so tournaments and ask whether your 40% ROI is sustainable.
2. Whine about the fact that you lost 10 SnGs in a row. Bitch especially about the time that you pushed on the second level with AQ and got beat by an idiot who called you with AJ.
3. Post a "Worst Fold Ever" hand
4. Suggest a new strategy of SnGs, where you limp with suited connecters and Axs on the first level.
5. Remark that it is easier to beat the 20s than the 10s, because there are so many idiots in the 10s that will call you with inferior hands and still win.

gumpzilla
04-22-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

4. Suggest a new strategy of SnGs, where you limp with suited connecters and Axs on the first level.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is inherently bad advice. I think people here get locked into the "SnG = Party" mode, where this is probably (I'm not 100% convinced of this) correct. I'm almost always playing those hands in the first level of a Stars SnG, and I think the starting depth relative to the BB is lower at Stars.

jcm4ccc
04-22-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is inherently bad advice. I think people here get locked into the "SnG = Party" mode, where this is probably (I'm not 100% convinced of this) correct. I'm almost always playing those hands in the first level of a Stars SnG, and I think the starting depth relative to the BB is lower at Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you taking notes, Eevee? These are the kind of statements you need to make if you want to get a proper 2+2 welcome.

gumpzilla
04-22-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Are you taking notes, Eevee? These are the kind of statements you need to make if you want to get a proper 2+2 welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough talk. You're good at quoting the dogma that plenty of other good players come up with and making wiseguy replies, but can you substantiate why you think it's correct? PM me with your thoughts.

pooh74
04-22-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...shhh though! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

pooh74
04-22-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont want to hijack here, but what Gump said isnt all that wrong. There are no hard and fast rules and if you do play by a set of rules that dictate every play you make, all the time, you will not be maximizing your game IMO.

And FWIW, party players and stars players should not be arguing with eachother about level I starting hand reqs...its apples and oranges. But if everyone wants to continue talking past eachother you're welcome to.