PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas weekly hold 'em tourneys. Which ones are best?

dy829
11-09-2002, 11:56 PM
Making 1st poker trip to Las Vegas and am interested in playing some of the local hold 'em tournaments. Possibly Mandalay Bay (pokerpages says they have one everyday at 10:00am), the Orleans...not really sure. If anyone has suggestions on any of the daily tournaments in Las Vegas that they like playing or any advice on which ones to avoid, I would be appreciate your input. Thanks in advance.

D.J.
11-11-2002, 04:13 AM
I would definitely say to play the tournaments at the Orleans, the fields will usually be around 100, w/low buy-ins/rebuys. At Mandalay the tournaments are 30player max w/no rebuys, so it's up to you if you like those or not. Also, if you can afford it and are confident in your tournament play, you should play in the Mirage tournaments b/c those usually pay pretty well.

-D.J.

dy829
11-12-2002, 03:36 AM
I'm only there a couple days but I'll definitely give the Orleans a try.

PokerPaul
11-12-2002, 05:55 PM
there are lots of regular tourneys on the strip.

10 AM daily is Mandalay bay is $30, max 3 tables, so it only takes about 1-2 hours. And then right after that u can walk over to luxor next door for their daily Noon $25 tourney, also limited to 3 tables i believe.

In the evening there are usually as many as 4-5 different tourneys going on in different places on any given night.

The best choices here are the orleans, which usually start at 7 pm. They are anywhere from 35 to 60 dollars, with anywhere from 80 to 120 entrants, and these tourneys are very well run IMO.....they also feature bounties.

The other is the nightly mirage tourneys (all week except fri and sat i believe). these buyins are either 60 or 100, with some rebuy and addons. there are ususally about 45-65 entrants, but if you make it into money it is definitely worth it.

Good Luck.

BTW, i only go to vegas once a year, and last year i won the $100 No limit mirage tourney the first time i entered. Walked away with over $4100.....great night.

dy829
11-12-2002, 11:12 PM
Heading out next week for a couple days, hopefully will have time to check out both the Orleans tourney and the Mirage. Thanks again.