PDA

View Full Version : just given free cash

tomdemaine
04-22-2005, 02:14 PM
I've just had an email from party saying theres $50 free in my account (which I recently empitied) but with a 500 raked hands requirement. I don't really play ring (like pushing too much) and it really wouldn't be worth my time but if I build it up through playing STT's would they let me withdraw profit - bonus or would I still have to play the hands?

suited_ace
04-22-2005, 02:17 PM
You need to play the hands, and only hands with a pot > $5 count.

Patrick Duffy
04-22-2005, 02:20 PM
if its from party i would assume that the money would be locked up until you played the hands. thats how it usually goes with their bonuses. however, since you emptied your account recently this wouldnt make any sense. im assuming if the money is active, then you would be able to withdraw any profit you made from it, but your roll would never be allowed to be below 50 after a withdrawal

tomdemaine
04-22-2005, 02:20 PM
meh I'll let it expire then. Or go for broke on a higher step trail, I'll play the raked hands if I win 100K /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Voltron87
04-22-2005, 02:23 PM
I think I know what these are. The money is active, but if you don't play 500 hands before two weeks (or whatever date) they take the 50 or whatever is left out. You can't transfer it, or cashout or anything sketchy.

jcm4ccc
04-22-2005, 02:26 PM
I've had this. It still works to your advantage, even if you don't play the raked hands. Let's say you play STTs for a couple of weeks and build that $50 to $200. At the end, they will just take away the $50 and you will still have $150. Or let's say you blow the $50. Then nothing happens. It's just like when Irieguy sponsors somebody. If you blow the wad, then you never have to pay it back, even if later (after the 2 weeks) you start making money.

Phil Van Sexton
04-22-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I know what these are. The money is active, but if you don't play 500 hands before two weeks (or whatever date) they take the 50 or whatever is left out. You can't transfer it, or cashout or anything sketchy.

[/ QUOTE ]

They gave me $100 a month ago. I had been planning to cancel my account so I could sign back up with rakeback.

So I withdrew all but $109 from my account and entered a 100/9. If I win, they can have their $100 back, and I'll keep the profits. If I lose, I'd just cancel my account.

I choked in 4th place and cancelled.

Is that sketchy?

prepotency
04-22-2005, 02:35 PM
Ya, the same thing happened to me on Party after I emptied my account. They are just trying to stimulate your account activity again. There aren't any strings really, they're just trying to keep your money with them and reactivate your activity to keep old players coming back. Worked with me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Voltron87
04-22-2005, 02:46 PM
I meant chip dump to someone as being sketchy.

pooh74
04-22-2005, 03:10 PM
It's just like when Irieguy sponsors somebody. If you blow the wad, then you never have to pay it back, even if later

lol (sorry Irie)