PDA

View Full Version : Rough day, AQo

wuarhg
04-22-2005, 02:04 PM
UTG is a looney tune, 52/20, 0.6/1.5/1.9
Button is a TAGish dude 20/10, 3/2/2.

Is this river a bet-fold or a check-call?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (6.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

krishanleong
04-22-2005, 02:17 PM
I like it. I'm trying to think of hands I might raise that you are ahead of and I can't think of any. Your too protected from 2p hands by the straight.

Krishan

Kluddeludde
04-22-2005, 02:18 PM
I really don't like the preflop complete. With UTG in the hand I think you have enough equity for a raise, especially since button just limped in after the very loose UTG.

The river is an easy bet I think. Button will bet many hands on the turn that he will just check through (but may call with) on the river. And I think you can safely fold to a raise.

Kludde

Edit: I think the most important reason to bet the river is that you may pick up a bet from UTG, even if button folds to a bet. Which you won't if button decides to check through is pair of tens or whatever.

krishanleong
04-22-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like the preflop complete.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice catch. I agree.

Krishan

wuarhg
04-22-2005, 02:36 PM
My reason for the complete was that I had been running really bad at the table, incredible stuff happening. You know, one of those days. I was getting played back at alot, so I didn't like having overcards OOP. That was my last round before I switched tables where I didn't have a crappy image.

MoreWineII
04-22-2005, 02:47 PM
We've all been there, still you must know raising AQo against weak limpers is +EV.

I like a check-call on the river by the way. I think your hand has some showdown value, but paying two bets to turn your hand over sucks. Or maybe you fold to a raise. Either way, that's a sucky decision to have to make, which is why I like check/call.

And if you're betting hoping worse hands will call, I just don't see it.

wuarhg
04-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Bet-fold isn't that sucky against a straightforward TAG

MoreWineII
04-22-2005, 02:52 PM
What hands do you think he call with that you beat? Do you think he's folding a better hand? If you think he has a worse hand that he won't call with, why not let him bluff at the river?

And you can see what the action is behind you without putting in a bet on that street. If it goes bet, raise, you can fold easily and save a bet. I just think you get more out of a check/call than a bet/fold.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is what was your reasoning behind the river bet? Was it for value, i.e. you want worse hands to call? I see maaaaaybe AT calling and that's it - I mean hands that don't beat you of course.

Was it to fold better hands? I suppose maybe T8 or something might fold. Might. Of course, T8 probably would have raised the flop.

wuarhg
04-22-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We've all been there, still you must know raising AQo against weak limpers is +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are right, I was probably overconsidering the postflop scenario.

Jeffage
04-22-2005, 03:41 PM
I don't like it. Reraise preflop. Flop bet is good. But wait, you picked up more outs on the turn and now you're checking? BET. River is fine. I just think you got too passive all over the place here.

Jeff

usmfan
04-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Yeah. The river is a question here for me. He's not folding 2 pair or a J. On the other hand, since he raised the turn, he'll likely bet the river and you can avoid being raised.