PDA

View Full Version : Blind versus blind big stack bust out

betgo
04-22-2005, 01:37 PM
$30 NLHE on Paradise. Blinds 300/600 ante 50. 22 players left, 20 places pay. SB with T18K in 1st place miniraises. I call in BB with T9o and T16K in 3rd place. Flop is T98r. SB bets 600. I raise to 2400. SB calls. Turn is Q. SB checks, I bet 1500, SB check raises to 3000, I call. River is K. SB pushes. I call. SB shows AJo for straight.

Maybe I should have folded the river and saved my 9.5K. The miniraising SB could have practically anything preflop. How badly did I screw up this hand?

adanthar
04-22-2005, 01:44 PM
I'm folding this PF because I really do not want to get into a confrontation with the chip leader on the bubble. I then raise the next 3 hands into the short stacks blind.

I may actually push the flop to get him to call my jack and/or fold a QT type hand. If not, I raise to more than this - probably 4-5K. I check behind on the turn and call a reasonable river bet but not a big one.

schwza
04-22-2005, 02:05 PM
my line is similar to anathar's. i call pre-flop, raise more on the flop (esp b/c there are antes in there bloating the pot), check behind on the turn. make a decision on the river.

betgo
04-22-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm folding this PF because I really do not want to get into a confrontation with the chip leader on the bubble.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with this at all. I don't worry about busting out on the bubble, particularly when I have a big stack. There is some reason to try to avoid a confrontation with another big stack in general.

I had the right odds to call preflop. If villain had made a standard raise with AJo, I would have folded. I had made a note early in the tournament that villain was a calling station, as he would limp a lot and call raises.

I thought about betting more on the flop, but I wasn't sure if my opponent had anything at all with the 1/3 pot bet.