PDA

View Full Version : live 1/2

nopepper
04-22-2005, 12:49 PM
Im dealt 3c4h on the button 4 limpers in fron me I make it $18 (have around $200 in fron of me), guy to my left calls he has around $500 (he sat down about 6 hands ago, hasent let one go before the flop yet. keeps bragging about who this money means nothing to him, he has noticed that I havent played many hands so my raise spooks him a bit. i love playing with this type of player, he never rasies, just calls bets. He never open bets but if he does I know hes got [censored])

Flop is Adjh4c

he goes for his chips then checks, I fire out a bet of $50, he hesitates and calls.

Turn 6h

He bets $100, I beat him into the pot.

River Jd

He puts me all in and I call, he shows 57d mhig

comments on all steets appreciated

TrailofTears
04-22-2005, 12:55 PM
1) Why are you raising junk into a player who will call for sure?

2) Why are you calling the passive player's big bets with virtually nothing?

3) Did you see his cards or something?

Nice read, but I think the whole hand is played poorly, especially with your read.

-Trail

nopepper
04-22-2005, 01:00 PM
1) I was raising to pick up the blinds, i had position and everyone feend weakness

2) i wasent calling the passive players bets, i had a read on him (he was the manaic in the hand).

3) no

TrailofTears
04-22-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) I was raising to pick up the blinds, i had position and everyone feend weakness

[/ QUOTE ]

But you said this villain hadn't let go of one yet PF, so I assume this means he will call your raise, correct? So don't try to steal from a strong blind defender without a hand to back it up. Second, I assume "feend" is supposed to be "feigned", in which case it means that they are pretending to be weak. Maybe you meant "felt" weak, which makes more sense here based on your actions.

[ QUOTE ]
2) i wasent calling the passive players bets, i had a read on him (he was the manaic in the hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I see. He calls with the best hand but bets with the worst one. He is a true gem amongst poker opponents. This makes more sense then with your calls. Still, at the turn you have only 32 left after his bet, so why not just push it in instead of waiting until the river. If you think your hand is best here, get the money in instead of giving him a chance to dump his hand on the river if he doesn't hit anything.

-Trail

DoubleDown
04-22-2005, 01:36 PM
if he's calling all your preflop raises and continuation bets with nothing then I'd suggest waiting for a premium hand to raise, hitting a flop, and then firing away

Preflop: I think a call is better than a raise- you already realize that villain is calling you regardless of his cards preflop and with you holding 34o you're in pretty bad shape to almost ATC at this point. Limp in

Flop: I agree that reaching for one's chips while thinking about betting, followed by a check, could be considered weak. I like the strong bet to try and force a fold. But this bet is only good IF you can force a fold here, so you have to take into account villains previous betting patterns ... if he's a calling station; i'm checking behind and looking to improve.

The rest of the streets you played based off a read so its tough for me to comment on them w/o actually having been at the table.

W/O a read- i'm folding to his turn bet.

Zag
04-22-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im dealt 3c4h on the button 4 limpers in fron me ...

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was raising to pick up the blinds, ...

[/ QUOTE ]

You were expecting to pick up the blinds after 4 limpers in front of you and a calling station behind you? Perhaps there is something about the expression "pick up the blinds" that you misunderstand. This is a nutty hand to play strong; it was the perfect place to limp and hope for a big flop.

MLerra
04-22-2005, 02:13 PM
*cough* brag post *cough*

TrailofTears
04-22-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
*cough* brag post *cough*

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but the funny thing is that it was played terribly and terrible logic was used here, so it backfired completely... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

-Trail